jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

With the knowledge you have gained so far, what's the best advice you would give

1. WookieWonderfuls profile image61
    WookieWonderfulsposted 6 years ago

With the knowledge you have gained so far, what's the best advice you would give a newbie hubber?

2. klanguedoc profile image92
    klanguedocposted 6 years ago

Find a niche subject, become an expert and write mostly on subjects related to your niche. Your site has to be a destination for readers looking for information about your niche subject.

3. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Learn from the advice hubs and forums and be prepared to spend time on learning to use HubPages.

You'll be well rewarded.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

If you're here to make money, don't expect it to happen fast. Even if it starts to take off, there will be ups and downs.

5. iviskei profile image74
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Stay active! Publish hubs often, post in the forums a lot, and participate in answers. Have fun~

6. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I think that you have to be consistent and write regularly. Even if you only answer a few questions or do some hub-hopping, you should be active and participate in as much as you can. Hubpages is not a get rich quick scheme, but with patience and hard work, you will start to see results.

The Learning Center here on Hubpages is a fantastic source of knowledge,tips and advice. By reading this you will gain so much and I rate it as one of the best tutorials that I have ever come across. Read as much as you can and you will gain confidence in yourself and your work.

Take part in the forums as everyone on here is so helpful. It is a great way to make friends while learning. There is a great sense of community on Hubpages and with a little effort, you can be part of this wonderful family.

7. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

Even though I have been a member on HP for 2 years, I really just started publishing a few weeks ago, so I guess I am still a newbie. I am learning and growing everyday on this site. My advice for any writing site is to proof your final copy, check for flow and content and not be critical of other authors.

8. sandrabusby profile image86
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

I have been on hubpages for only two weeks, and for me the greatest challenge is to take one step at the time, don't try to do everything at once.  Read the daily feed, comment and share the ones that you really like, follow hubbers who have something in common with you, write hubs on your area of expertise, and learn the logistics slowly.  Sandra Busby

9. Brandon E Newman profile image70
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

Keep your day job! A very small percentage of hubbies make enough money to pay for high speed internet. Most of us are still waiting for all that traffic. It is really hard to find "niche" topics that haven't been run into the ground already.