jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does having more followers lead to increased external traffic?

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Does having more followers lead to increased external traffic?

2. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Yes and No. smile

Some people have over 1000 followers but about 200 of them may no longer be active on Hubpages or have probably left.

However, some followers are good at sharing articles on Facebook/Twitter which will give it more views.

3. sweetie1 profile image71
    sweetie1posted 6 years ago

I Have about 370 followers yet all my page views what ever they are are external. Usually google or facebook . I am lucky that my friends always share everything i post on their facebook profile so I get page views from there. From followers I hardly get any page views. Also adsense clicks are more likely to happen with outsiders than hubbers, this is my own view..

4. Bretsuki profile image76
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Not necessarily.

The more followers you have the greater the possibility a few may share your work. But also many followers follow in order to boost their own Hubberscore and hope you will follow them back.

These often become dormant after a few days, never reading any of your hubs.

So what serves your interest best?  The small number of active followers who come back to read and support your work.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

No.  Followers are internal traffic only.

6. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

rajan jolly, you got to realize that hubpage followers and increased external traffic are not the same.  Hubpages followers however are included in the number of reads when it comes to internet traffic because they read your article and was included as a reader in addition to the external traffic.  Review your hubpage stats to find out where you are receiving most of your hubpage readers who are not necessarily followers.  Most often you will find that the external traffic are from the Google Search Engine both domestic and internationally, and from social media sites such as Digg, Reddit, Stumble Upon, Facebook, or Twitter.

7. Capedium profile image77
    Capediumposted 6 years ago

The answer is a Big no.. I was so shock when I saw a Hubber.. 100.. And he had just 40+ followers.. It is neither the amount of followers or the amount of Hub.. All we need  is write a good hub that we put readers on their toes

working