jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What does 'moderate my own comment' mean at the bottom of my comment to a hub?

1. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

What does 'moderate my own comment' mean at the bottom of my comment to a hub?

Often when I comment on someone's hub a grayed in bar comes up that reads, "moderate my own comment."  Can anyone tell me what that means?  Is the person I am commenting to receiving my comment?  This is happening quite often so I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong?  Would appreciate any feedback.

2. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 5 years ago

That means you can edit/change you comment. When you make a comment you have a specific amount of time to change the comment if you want to. The recipient will still be able to see your comment.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

As Imarsh1203 mentioned, the gray bar is there so you can edit/change/delete your own comment. You can also delete/deny other people's comments or report them as Spam when necessary. There are several settings that you can change regarding how you receive comments and how you want to moderate them (ex. you can hide comments until you approve them. They won't be seen by anyone else but you until you approve them) For more information check out this article from the HubPages Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/comments-capsule

Hope this helps!

JSMatthew~

4. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

I have never used "moderate my own comment". Wondered what it was for. You asked a good question. Sorry for being so slow.

Stay Well

5. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

it just means you can change your comment even after you have written it

6. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 5 years ago

Moderate your own comment means just that.  You are given the choice to simply answer the commentors and to keep the comments capsules of your hub up to date.

7. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

I sincerely want to thank all of you who took the time to answer this question, I SO MUCH appreciate it!  I have learned so much from so many great hubbers!  Blessings, Sparklea smile

working