jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why doesn't one moderated comment stay hidden, when I had written one twice?

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Why doesn't one moderated comment stay hidden, when I had written one twice?

I tried to moderate my own comment, as initially, the first comment disappeared so I retyped it, and then later I noticed I had two comments.  I tried to moderate one of the comments to "hide" it, but later went back and both are still showing - the same comment twice, as it went back to visible status.  Is there a save button after you moderate or should it automatically "hide" or moderate?

2. davidlivermore profile image96
    davidlivermoreposted 5 years ago

I honestly have no idea... the one thing I dis-like about Hubpages, and probably the only thing, is that the comment system is very disorganized and broken.  I mostly reply to other users comments, and I tend to do that through my feed, as it's easier to approve and reply that way, then through an actual hub.  Sometimes I can't reply to users comments in my hubs, instead I approve and just write a response back in the hub itself.  But hours later the "Reply" option becomes available.  So I would try to use your feed if you can.

It may not help answer your question, but I at least share your pain.

Faith Reaperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay, sounds good.  Thanks for the advice here and taking time to answer with your suggestions.

3. Michele Travis profile image69
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

I don't know either.   I am sorry it did not answer you question, but it has happened to me also a couple of times.   Once I retyped it, then it came out twice.

Hi Michele, I am glad I am not the only one.  On the moderate my comment, "hide" is the only option that I know of, but I most likely just do not know either.  I appreciiate your response.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I am not positive, but I think the hidden moderated comments are always visible to you, as the owner of the account. Send me the link to the hub you are talking about and I will tell you if I can see the moderated comments or not. Tell me who they follow and I can check. You can send the link via e-mail on my profile page, if you do not want to list the information here.
    Larry

Thanks Larry, I have been having a lot of comment just disappear, then when I comment again and see later that there are two.  For a little while it will say "hide" but then later both are still showing as visible.

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have had the same problem. I think when you hit the hide button, it goes into a hidden mode. Then something in the background takes place so that only you can see it. I do not rewrite comments until I check to see if my first attempt is visible.

3. Faith Reaper profile image89

Thanks Larry, for the added info.  It is very helpful.

working