jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are we supposed to ask a fellow hubber first before 'pinning' their hub?

1. KimberlyLake profile image82
    KimberlyLakeposted 5 years ago

Are we supposed to ask a fellow hubber first before 'pinning' their hub?

2. LABrashear profile image60
    LABrashearposted 5 years ago

I would hope someone would ask me first.  I would ask someone before doing it...(if I completely understood Pinterest!)  smile

3. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 5 years ago

I have shared other hubbers work on my Pinterest boards. One in particular called "Other Poets Works" I did not however ask them before hand as I felt they would be honored to be pinned. Why? because many others get to read their work and repin it and it keeps moving on down along the line of pinners. I have had some of my hubs pinned without being asked, however I am truly honored. So I don't know how important it is in the grand scheme of things to ask beforehand. Having said that if anyone reading this is one of the poets that I pinned their work on my poetry board is offended that I didn't ask first, then my apologies and simply contact me and I would remove without hesitation.

4. WryLilt profile image93
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Technically you're breaking copyright by pinning images they've re-used from other sites. If you want to pin an image NOT owned by the hubber, you need to visit the original site to do so.

There are currently quite a few legal copyright issues arising as Pinterest members pin indiscriminately.

working