jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Just loving KeyWords! Broad, Exact, or Phrase? what should it be?

1. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 6 years ago

Just loving KeyWords! Broad, Exact, or Phrase? what should it be?

2. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

How about "numerous?"  Though you can go overboard there, too, and get flagged.  But I usually have a dozen or so keywords, as every relevant point is an opportunity to draw in a reader.

I do try to avoid annoying keyword calls, though--I don't want to annoy a reader by luring them to my Hub on selling my house--alert:  made up example; I don't have such a Hub!--just because I mentioned the resident cat in paragraph 3 and then foolishly put 'cat' as a keyword.  In other words, I try to keep it reasonably relevant to the best of my ability.  (I recognize, however, that you can't anticipate every eventuality.)

3. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

If you're referring to using the keyword research tool provided by Google, you need to use the "Exact" selection.

The other two refer to searches where the keywords are used along with other words.

Exact will tell you searches for those words EXACTLY and ALONE.

4. Digitskyes profile image74
    Digitskyesposted 6 years ago

Keywords are a constantly changing thing, so you really have to do the research to know for sure.

But 'longtail' as in 4 or 5 words are going to give you good results since they are likely to have less competition.

But again it all depends on the subject and the research.

working