jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it best to stick with one avatar for recognizability in the hub community?

1. poowool5 profile image83
    poowool5posted 5 years ago

Is it best to stick with one avatar for recognizability in the hub community?

Or do different avatars relating to each individual hub attract traffic and interest more?

2. letterme profile image75
    lettermeposted 5 years ago

If you are an enthusiastic participant of the forums, comment sections and all sort of hub activities where you interact with other users, in my opinion, people tend to remember you more from your nickname, rather than remembering your avatar image.Therefore changing your avatar won't be a great issue.In fact several popular hubbers I've seen here have changed their avatars often, and it doesn't affect their popularity, considering the avatar you choose doesn't pass out wrong information about you and your personality, since it is something people tend to assign to you looking at your avatar, it might not be an issue

3. zanaworld profile image64
    zanaworldposted 5 years ago

It is indeed good to stick with one avatar.  This will allow your followers to recognize instantly.

Once in a while you can change the avatar.  If you come up with better avatar, then you can change it, but again do stick to it for as long as possible.

It really helps...

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Personally I think it's wise to keep the same avatar. While people may recognize your name when they read it, usually the first thing they see at a glance is the picture. And, if they've already associated your writing style with that picture, they will know to click without even reading the author's name. It's a form of branding that will help catch the attention of your fans quickly, in much the same way that many authors have their names written in the same font across multiple books. It's recognizable at a glance. If you do decide to change your avatar, however, I would recommend picking something that looks similar. For example, if it's a picture of you, just take a new picture in a similar location. Or, in my case, a new picture of a compass and a book.

5. poowool5 profile image83
    poowool5posted 5 years ago

Thanks hub-peeps, this is really helpful!

6. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I think the avatar should remain the same.  I identify with the Hubber by their avatar.  It's like seeing a friend again when you see the same person as before.

working