What are your reasons for unfollowing a hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Vinaya Ghimire profile image80
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

What are your reasons for unfollowing a hubber?

I went to the list of hubbers I follow, and I found out that many are not active on hubpages. I unfollowed everyone who has not published anything in the last 4 months.  I also unfollowed the hubbers who do not comment on my hubs.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

Yes, I do about the same as you and then too sometimes someone I really liked will make vulgar hubs and I quit them even if their other hubs are OK. If they talk hateful or mean I also stop following them because even if I don't like someone I do not talk hateful or mean to them, maybe about a subject but not to that person. I just quit or ignore those. People I would not choose for real friends are just not someone I want to follow. I never stop because someone stops reading me though if I like them, apparently they just don't like my writing for whatever reason but if I enjoy theirs then I do and it benefits me. This is a busy place too and we don't always get notices and haven't really stopped reading someone but just lost track but will catch up eventually.

3. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I've not published for quite some time as time is an issue. But, I'm active here. So, I unfollow people who are not active in anyway on the forums nor on others hubs.

4. sandrabusby profile image74
    sandrabusbyposted 12 years ago

I follow three kinds of hubbers: 1) those from whom I think I can learn something, 2) those who write content that I'm interested in, and 3) those who are new and need encouragement.  Thanks for asking.  Sandra Busby

5. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I unfollow for inactivity mostly.

I don't unfollow for not commenting on my hubs because some of the people I follow don't follow me so they are not expected to read or comment on my hubs. I have over 600 followers and I don't read them all and comment so it works both ways. Not all hubbers are commentors either so I give and take there.

I will unfollow a hubber who is rude to other hubbers or if I find that I have lost interest in what the hubber writes.

6. annart profile image83
    annartposted 12 years ago

Just as I usually follow someone who is kind enough to follow me, I unfollow if someone has disappeared from my list (only 1 so far, fortunately!).  I have found only one hubber to object to, but that was on hub-hopping, so not someone I followed; however, I would unfollow someone who's rude or uses inappropriate language.

7. Hyphenbird profile image81
    Hyphenbirdposted 12 years ago

Like you, I also unfollow if a Hubber has not been active for months. I unfollowed a Hubber who was filling the Feed page with shares every day. It was annoying. Also, like Jackie, I unfollow if a Hubber publishes vulgarity or uses profanity in Hubs or comments. I prefer not to associate with people like that even on the internet. I do not follow someone just because they follow me. I follow if I am interested in that person's Hubs. It does not matter to me if someone comments on my Hubs; people are busy. I seldom leave comments anymore due to time constraints but so read and vote on every one I follow.

8. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I follow people who do not follow me, so responding to my hubs doesn't matter. But I will unfollow people who are inactive. That is my primary reason for unfollowing someone. If the person stops writing anything that interests me, I will also unfollow that person. Otherwise, I don't make a change.

9. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I don't unfollow that often, but sometimes I'll check those I follow and notice they're no longer active, or that I'm simply not interested in what they're writing.  A few times I've stopped following because they're simply too abrasive and rude. I like to follow a wide range of writers, so sometimes I'll unfollow a few I'm not reading and follow new hubbers I discover.

10. radhapriestess profile image39
    radhapriestessposted 12 years ago

I have not done this yet, but then again I am simply too busy with all the things I am involved with to put energy on that kind of thing.  I read a blog if it has interest to me. Some people read my blogs all the time. Some all occasionally.  I get some scholars that use my blog occasionally. I am okay with that.

11. JenMc profile image71
    JenMcposted 12 years ago

I don't have to worry about following anyone too much because I'm rarely spoken to on Hubpages. I guess it's because I had an account here for six months and I only posted four hubs. I'm extremely busy with running an events website and other writing jobs so no I don't have a lot of time to post as often as some people can. Personally, I don't think I would unfollow someone for inactivity because there is life outside of Hubpages and people can get tied up.

I would unfollow someone whom I felt made me feel out of place by only posting comments on the hubs of those who have the higher hubscore, the most accolades and the most followers. I try to treat people who take the time to read what I write with respect so I expect that in return. Another reason, I would unfollow a hubber is because sometimes people develop circles on websites like Hubpages and they act like they don't want to be bothered by "outsiders" so the only thing I can do is unfollow.

12. sofs profile image78
    sofsposted 12 years ago

I do not follow many hubbers only because I do not have to unfollow them later. I have unfollowed a couple of people for inactivity, filling up the feed and because  I had made a mistake thinking that I would like to read what they publish. I follow not to get comments but to read and comment on their work, but sometimes you just don't have the time.. for all that.

13. geetbhim profile image59
    geetbhimposted 11 years ago

If the hubber comment or not comment on my hub its there wish 'coz even I do read a hub but don't feel to leave comment but I do vote and move. Recently I unfollow one of the hubber because I always use to leave comment and I usually like the response what the author of the hub is giving , but constantly I noticed that particular hub author is ignoring me and leaving response to other hubbers that make be annoyed and I Unfollow that hubber.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)