jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Duplicate Articles

1. countmarco profile image70
    countmarcoposted 6 years ago

Duplicate Articles

I am interested to know about getting the Duplicate Article warning that has appeared on one of my recent articles. I have now edited the content and I did click on resubmit. The new edited version is now showing however it still has duplicate warnings. Is that because they have to manually approve it? Is there anyway I can email them? I have edited it substantially. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 6 years ago

Better get out onto the web and look for a copy of your article.
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't stolen your work.
    Of course, I am assuming that you did not use direct text from anywhere out there on the web. If you did, the great Google Search engine will catch the duplicated text and punish both the original text writer and the copier by dropping them from their lists that the world searches.
    Just a thought for you to investigate.
    OH---- And one other thing, you just may have written an article that has a title, and information that is significantly the same as an existing one that is already on HP.

3. countmarco profile image70
    countmarcoposted 6 years ago

Thanks Don for the input. This is a worry though as once I publish then of course I send traffic, so if it get pulled down then all my traffic is going to a dead zone.
    In the article I am talking about I have published similar article elsewhere as its my story, but I have now totally revamped and changed the content on hubpage and clicked to resubmit it. Have not heard anything yet, so not sure how long it will take for them to review it. Most frustrating! Thanks for the heads up though! Appreciated.

4. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Stealing your content would be a backhanded compliment in a way, but sometimes it takes a while.

On the other hand you could always send them an email and ask them to be more specific, I have had to do something similar when I couldn't find a broken link!

5. mikoas profile image61
    mikoasposted 5 years ago

thanks for your question, i too want to know where and how i can know that my article is duplicate in another website. thanks