jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the potential in terms of earnings for creative writing hubs?

1. chivs86 profile image82
    chivs86posted 6 years ago

What is the potential in terms of earnings for creative writing hubs?

I Just wondered if by continuing to post the usual kind of creative writing hubs if there is any potential for the kind of level's of earning from the more helpful informative kind?

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

creative writing hubs, poetry etc do not make the money that non-fiction and informational hubs do.  The reason being is most people using search engines are searching for how to do something or where to buy something etc. and not for creative writing subjects.  If you want to continue to pursue creative writing that's great smile Hubpages can certainly bring you some followers and help you get your name out there.  If you publish your work in the future that could be incredibly helpful.  If you are hoping to earn money online though - you need to consider learning to do web writing as well.

3. hazelwood4 profile image77
    hazelwood4posted 6 years ago

I have some poetry that receives regular views each month, but I too believe the real earning potential factors in when you write informative Hubs. Good luck on the site, and I do hope you enjoy writing for Hubpages as much as I do.

4. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

No. Even if you target very specific keywords such as "White Bread Poetry", chances are your adverts won't match so you'll get less clicks than a more related hub. And that's if you even get traffic in the first place!

Maybe think about publishing a collection on Kindle, quite easy to do and they have to pay up front. smile