jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What style of writing works best on HubPages?

1. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 6 years ago

What style of writing works best on HubPages?

There seem to be several styles of writing on HubPages.  They include technical, creative, informative, poetic, humorous, and several others.  What is your style?  What style do you think works best on HubPages and why?

2. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Well before Hubpages paid per view (as opposed to Adsense who pays per click and Amazon who pays commission for sales) I would have said keyword researched technical or sales review articles.

Now I'd say anything that can get plenty of views. :-)

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I believe informative hubs that answer questions people have are the most effective.  People tend to look up things on the search engines (where most traffic comes from) when they want to learn something. 

If you write the hub and keyword research it properly for "how to fix a widget" and someone Googles how to fix a widget, chances are your hub will be high enough in the search engine results that you'll get a good deal of traffic. 

I also find that people are more likely to purchase things related to your hubs (amazon or ebay products) if they feel you have taught them something valuable. 

The page view money is nice, but the clicks on ads/products are what you are after to make the most money. I would say keyword research and use that to answer questions/provide solutions people are searching for.

4. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

there are all sorts of people who search for info here so i would say any kind of writing will still get attention!

working