jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a reason why some won't make a hub with their answers? If so why?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

Is there a reason why some won't make a hub with their answers? If so why?

I have asked several questions and some answers would qualify as a hub in itself.

2. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

They may not have been good enough topics for people to consider writing hubs on. Or it could just be that people found it easier to write a short answer than a long hub

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I often post Hub-length answers.  It usually occurs to me to write a Hub, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to be bothered with the little extras required in turning an answer into a Hub.  Besides, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing just to offer one's best shot at a really solid answer, just as a "plain, old, simple, answer". smile

4. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Sometimes people would just prefer to answer the question and not write a complete hub of 500 words or more about the topic. Never take it personally just keep on asking questions. Some will be created as hubs and other will only have answers.

5. DanaTeresa profile image84
    DanaTeresaposted 5 years ago

sometimes i am intersted in the question and i want to contribute, but not enough to write a hub. or i dont know enough about the topic to write a hub. an answer rather than a hub isnt always a bad thing. sometimes an even better hub can come after some particularly good answers are posted.

6. JamaGenee profile image83
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

I just posted an answer to a question about first time flyers that was a good start on a real hub.  I could've shortened the answer and expanded the rest into a hub, but didn't because 1) I wasn't all that passionate about the topic, and 2) I didn't feel like doing the extra research required to turn my answer into a full-fledged hub.

This in NO way reflects on the hubber who posed the question.  As others have said here, sometimes answering the question in "Answers" is all the commenter feels is necessary.  ;D