jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How is it that answers to these questions - well-written and relevant - get slam

1. stanwshura profile image73
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

How is it that answers to these questions - well-written and relevant - get slammed in the ratings?

Seriously folks, how do answers that are cogent, succinct yet complete, and rock-solid grammatically can get "bad grades".  Oh, wait, perhaps this is not a question of "how", but of ***"WHY?!"***.

Seriously, if the rating itself isn't somehow monitored or moderated, what the hell's the point?  8t's reduced to nothing but a popularity contest - high school all over again.

Or perhaps some people habitually rate down answers to questions to which they have also offered a response.

Wait...oh, shoot, come ooon.  Come to me!  What is that word???

Oh, oh riiiiiggghhtt!

2. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

There is sometimes very little rhyme or reason to the ratings. I almost never rate someone down. The only reason I might is if the answer was entirely unrelated to the question, the answer was factually incorrect, or there was some level of gross hostility in it. Even so, it is very rare. I don't think we should be marking people down for different opinions though.

3. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Because some people don't agree with what the commenters are saying. They believe there is another way, another method, something better to do.

4. hush4444 profile image71
    hush4444posted 6 years ago

This bothers me too - the information at the bottom of the page states, "Please vote up an answer if it adds to the discussion, or vote it down if it does not."  The vote isn't supposed to be about whether you agree, but about whether the answer adds to the discussion.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I agree.  I have noticed that if one disagrees with  the answer, they vote it down.  Sad, and I think some people just do it for fun. It doesn't seem to affect our hubscore but it is irritating.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

first of all, just because someone is good at grammar, it doesn't mean they are right or even answering the question sensibly. secondly, the reason you don't vote up an answer is because you don't agree with it.