jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have a deleted question with no explanation, does anyone know how moderators r

1. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

I have a deleted question with no explanation, does anyone know how moderators rate questions?

It is not a bad question, but I did respond to the people who did answer.  Maybe that is the problem. Are we not supposed to respond in our own questions?  Thanks!

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

When a question is deleted or closed by staff, it is usually because it encourages a discussion rather than seeks an answer or the question has encouraged a discussion which is eliciting negative comments and/or is trending into possible personal attacks.

These are the main reasons but not the only ones.

3. The Frog Prince profile image77
    The Frog Princeposted 5 years ago

I think you are allowed one answer yourself Susan.  I had one pulled with the explanation that it invited discussion.  Well of course a question invites discussion.  Probably just depends on whose computer your question flashed up on.

When a question is asked the user should be able to answer it how they want - discussion or not.

The Frog

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Hi Sholland10. I have bunches of questions pulled. Usually the memo from hubpages said it was like Luis stated encouraging a discussion. I have a few that were deemed polls and not questions. We are not suppose to poll in the Answer area. And, I have 2 that were not posted or pulled as soon as posted with no reason. So, I think those just flat out broke the rules of  how to post a question.

I am not sure about responding. I presume you mean in the Q & A section and not by contacting the person. The question section has undergone some changes I think. I thought you had the opportunity to respond once to an answer like The Frog Prince said. But, you do have the power to delete responses to your questions.