jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Transferring questions to my sub domain?

1. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

Transferring questions to my sub domain?

I've not been on HubPages for a few days and I've got a new Q&A button, when I click on it I get an option to transfer my questions to my sub domain. This seems like a good idea as we can earn from our questions, but before I transfer them I was wondering if there is any down side to doing it?

2. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 6 years ago

As far as I can tell, no. Putting them in your subdomain means that they'll have better SEO results, and it will mean you can earn from them as well.

3. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

I suppose the only downside would be if you have asked a ton of low quality questions.  Low quality questions would be similar to low quality hubs, it will bring your pagerank down.  Other than this, switching questions to a sub domain will allow you to earn revenue from them as well as your hubs.

4. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I really don't see any downside. You can always delete questions or answers that are inappropriate. The upside is a bit plus, with the ability to earn revenue from the questions and answers.

This is a great additional revenue feature that HubPages is giving us. I already transferred my questions to my subdomain earlier today. And in reviewing the number of hits and answers they had, I decided to delete two of them. The way I see it, we are in complete control. And the traffic reporting for our Q&A is just like what we have with our Hubs.

5. LauraGSpeaks profile image96
    LauraGSpeaksposted 6 years ago

I transferred my questions yesterday and I saw a dip in my hubscore.  I only had five questions and three are not related to my groups.  Also, two of my questions only had a couple answers.  I think this may be negatively affecting my results.  I wonder what defines a low quality question, in terms of traffic?

working