Is there a risk for HubPages to get in trouble like BuildMyRank?

1. m0rd0r profile image70
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

Is there a risk for HubPages to get in trouble like BuildMyRank?

Build My Rank (BMR) was a paid article submission site that allowed you to link your other blog articles and raise their rank.

Payment was not that high and quadrilions of lazy bloggers and spam sites were using it to get more single direction links to their blogs and affiliate sites.

Few days ago Google demoted their page-rank to 0 (Yes, Zero) and removed their domain from search results.

In a result, the site owners are closing business.

Because Google are starting to kill sites with too much artificial links (and other over optimised for SEO sites) is it possible HubPages to be hit?

2. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Personally, I am not too concerned about Hubpages losing rank or getting banned. HP has a very good and well trained team that has built lots of checks and filters into places on this site to keep spammers and content scrapers at bay. In addition to this, the HP community is very good at flagging subpar content. Of all of the many sites that I have written for, Hubpages has the best and most trustworthy platform available.

3. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

thanks for this info. did not know BMR is being shut down. I think hubpages has real content and not just a backlink provider

working