jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Blog help, please

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I'm doing something wrong. Is there anyone here who would be willing to look at my blog and email me with tips or suggestions.  I'm not getting traffic on my blog or organic traffic on my hubs for that matter either.

I'm using the keyword search tool.  I've read about every article that the more prolific hubbers here have written about backlinks, SEO and keywords. 

If it comes down to the fact that I'm a poor writer, I can accept that and move on.  After 4 month here, truth be told I'm starting to waver on weather I should continue writing or not.  Not looking for a pity party, just plain honest critique.

My blog is on my profile page if anyone cares to take a quick look at it.  I have 4 blogs, but am concentrating on this one right now.

TIA

1. LiamBean profile image88
      LiamBeanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jane:

sunforged makes a good point. I don't backlink that much, but because I have accounts on twitter, facebook, and shetoldme I try to post to each of those whenever I publish an article  I think my cyberfriends would enjoy.

It helps.

2. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

You need 100's of backlinks, you currently have '1'

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just linked all the employment sites.  100's - phewy.  Off to look for more. smile

1. sunforged profile image65
        sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

no!!!

You need 100's of links leading to you

you could start with a couple links in your related hubs, try some dofollow booklinking, and maybe get involved in a forum that allows a url signature

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
          rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

when we place a link into a comment thread on NYT or something similiar this may help, Jane. find places that write about similar content.

2. Jane@CM profile image59
          Jane@CMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, okay - I actually have linked my hubs in there several times.

1. sunforged profile image65
            sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this
  3. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Almost forgot....this is a great trick, keep it down, ok?

Submit your blog to all the top bloglist sites- youll get first page for your keyword quite quickly!

here are some examples:

few Blog Topsites such as:
    blogtopsites
    blogtoplist
    topblogging
    blogcatalog
    LSBlogs
    Blogdigger
    MyNewBlog
    TopBlogArea
    DigNow
    TopBlogRateDir
    Blogs.com
    Blogifer
    Skinny
    Bloggernow
    BlogsOnTop

take a look here to see it in action
    makemoneyfrommyart.com  ( on the right hand side, you will see a little collection of icons - everyone of those sites is an example of a place that is giving backlinks)

Its a super quick way to rank on first page - you still ahve to do good keyword research and develop the blog naturally, but it gives a hell of a boost

4. Jane@CM profile image59

Thanks everyone for your input.

I had several emails suggesting I change the blogger format to a three column.  Went and found one I liked, downloaded it, unzipped it and tried to upload it to my blog.  I get error after error message.

I love the idea of a different layout...I just don't get how to edit the codes.  I get this message "The new widget id "Recent-Posts-Widget1" is invalid for type: Feed" and tried to delete that part of the code, then I get another message: "Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
    XML error message: The element type "b:widget" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

So I'm thinking of scrapping this blog & starting from scratch, just need a new name.

5. Jane@CM profile image59

anyone?

6. deartfuldodger profile image61
    deartfuldodgerposted 7 years ago

Not sure what the exact question is at the moment.

Just doing 3 column for the sake of 3 column is meaningless-usually 3 column can be used to really maximize ad space and social add-ons

http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/08/12 … lates.html

Thats a great list - in general I suggest magazine styles for blogs that are actually intended to be read.

If you post very specific problems in this thread, regarding your errors I can help you correct them

for example that error message told you exactly what tag you were missing, i could have wrote the end code for you

heres a decent example of a blogger blog that I found here in the forums
    www.makemoneyfrommyart.com

working