jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you found that the amount of followers on Hubpages impact your traffic?

1. dappledesigns profile image89
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

Have you found that the amount of followers on Hubpages impact your traffic?

I am only at 41 followers and have been at that number for quite a while. However my traffic has been increasing everyday because of some other things that I have been doing. Have you found that you see an increase in traffic when you see your followers number go up?

2. HikeGuy profile image77
    HikeGuyposted 6 years ago

I enjoy having followers, yet my focus for hubs is on outside traffic. Now I'm creating niche sites so that I have full control over the financial aspects of my work and can use my own Amazon account. My outside traffic on HP, mainly from Google, continues to increase. By interlinking pages on multiple platforms it's possible to improve traffic. I avoid all the fake backlinking strategies.

When I was publishing here, there would be surges of traffic and new followers when I published new hubs -- hubber traffic ebbs and flows. Hubber traffic was rarely more than half my traffic -- and now nearly all of my traffic is from outside HP. My oldest hubs get steady Google hits. The main reason I keep my HP account is because pages ripen.

By way of comparison, I get more traffic on Blogger than HP, and  that's with fewer pages and in a much shorter time span -- and with no followers, yet.

3. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

i dont really think so unless your followers are real fanatics who go to every of your new hubs?

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Yes, in the early days it probably will.  But you won't make real money until over 80% of your traffic is coming from Google - so in that sense, how many followers you have doesn't really matter.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I have seen great improvement and I am quite happy about  my achievement

working