How can I change the URL Title for my hub link? I started a hub on one topic, an

1. ImaSurvivor74 profile image80
    ImaSurvivor74posted 5 years ago

How can I change the URL Title for my hub link? I started a hub on one topic, and then changed it!

2. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 5 years ago

You can not change the url of a hub. Changing a title does not change the url. You have option to edit your title but not for url.

3. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

ImaSurvivor74,

I had this same question, though I posed it as when is Hubpages going to fix this. I rarely come up with the final title on anything I write until after I've written it. I don't like that my draft title would show up in the URL.

After further thought I now realize that you can view this as a "feature" and not a bug!

Here's why: simply come up with a system of generically titling your hubs. For example, just use the date you started to write it: e.g. 2012Sept04 or whatever code you want, e.g. Casimiro-My-Umpteenth-Hub-In-Group-DIY-XYZ.  Just pick a system and stick to it. Make a table that lists all these codes along with the final title if you need to.

Now, you've taken control of that URL funny-ness and there is no conflict between the URL and the hub title, even if you change the title later. The SEs are not going to use the title in the URL anyway except to index it.

Problem solved and a new feature born! smile

Cheers.

working