jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Hub URL and TITLE Change

1. mjkamrul profile image83
    mjkamrulposted 22 months ago

Hello Hubbers,

I've updated some of my hubs some days ago when I changed the title of my hubs and put some new keywords in the content. In the meantime the hubs went quality assessment process and finally published again but the URL were unchanged. Now the title and URL are different. so how the hubs will get ranked?

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The URL cannot be changed. Otherwise your hub would not be found by people who have the old URL in a link.

I always specify a URL that is more general than the entire title when I first create a new hub. That allows me to change the title later without looking like a complete mismatch with the URL.

1. Solaras profile image92
        Solarasposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I learned that lesson the hard way.  I like to give readers an idea of how many names, tips etc they can expect.  Later I like to add more as the occur to me.  So I have URLS that promise 20 dog names and hub titles that promise 50 dog names.  Start off general when naming, and that gives you room to maneuver later on.

2. mjkamrul profile image83
        mjkamrulposted 22 months ago in reply to this

So if I change my title and subtitle with new keywords and sometimes all over the body of the content except URL then will it work well for SEO or get ranked in Google?

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
          Glenn Stokposted 22 months ago in reply to this

That all depends on how well you make those changes and how well you apply the keywords. You need to accumulate data to make good decisions with these changes. But you don't want to spam keywords. That will hurt your ranking,

Sometimes I notice that a subtitle I had used might work better as the main title. Other times, I see search strings people use repeatedly that can work as a better title.

All this takes time. I sometimes make changes a year or two after first publishing when I have good data to work with. It's an going effort. I spend just as much time on old hubs as I do with writing new ones. The effort avoids old hubs becoming stale.

2. Jeramey Conrad profile image85
      Jeramey Conradposted 21 months ago in reply to this

The actual URL is not as important as you'd think.

A lot of news blogs and other content sometimes have snarky or joke URLs that don't even have anything to do with the content (at least not in a strict 1:1 word meaning sense) but the actual words in the title, the content and the meta descriptions give them the traffic they need.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 22 months ago

Your hub title has a far greater effect on ranking than the URL so don't worry too much about it..

1. mjkamrul profile image83
      mjkamrulposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you and also thanks for Glenn stok's advice.

working