jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why one should flag a hub if it's not about any controversial issue?

1. Reves-diary profile image76
    Reves-diaryposted 5 years ago

Why one should flag a hub if it's not about any controversial issue?

If it not about any controversial issue, then is it necessary to flag others hub? Not everyone does have all hubs with good quality. Many examples can be provided on that. So, what needs to be done to making it more sensible for hubbers?

2. Abitibibob profile image82
    Abitibibobposted 5 years ago

Just about anything can be controversial, so my response is, why flag controversial issues?

3. peeples profile image90
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Unless a hub was promoting something like sex with children or animals I would never flag it. Not all of us are perfect writers and who am I to flag someone else's hub based on their opinion or writing style?

4. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

According to the HP FAQ, I believe some of the other reasons to flag a hub include, too promotional of a product, not written in English, or too similar to another source (basically plagiarized). Other than specifically band topics (sex etc.), hubs shouldn't be flagged just because you don't agree with the subject or theme or the quality is not perfect.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image98
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I would never flag a hub because it was controversial. That's not against the rules anyway. The only hub I have ever flagged was actually unreadable, as it was apparently written using some kind of translating software, and it made no sense.

I'm not really into policing the site, maybe I'm naive, but I guess I think really poor hubs will not get many readers and just fade away. A kind of free market theory of hubbing.

working