jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is this whole "stolen hubs" thing?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 6 years ago

What is this whole "stolen hubs" thing?

Its it just plagiarism, or something else?

2. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

I have not researched it enough to answer this well. I think people are 'stealing' our writings and republishing them as their own.

3. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Haven't you ever a read an article on the Web that is related to a Hub you have published and found that much of the content was taken directly from your Hub article . . . ?

You have heard of copy and paste haven't you?

I have come across at least three articles that are very similar to Hubs I have published with maybe just one or two words changed here or there. I have also read Hub articles that read like a college textbook and makes one wonder if they are being transcribed directly from published books that are not on the Web.

Its called intellectual laziness in which you simple copy and paste hoping no one will notice!

This is different than attributing a direct quote from another publication and essentially is stealing.

4. Kalmiya profile image79
    Kalmiyaposted 6 years ago

The issue is that another website  big ezine .  com  is stealing hubpages wholesale and posting them on their site while crediting them to fictitious authors. If you've published something since early March you might want to go there and check if someone has taken any of yours. Three of mine were taken, original photos and all.  Some of the hub community is working at submitting DMCA complaints and with Google to get this site taken down which seems to be taking some time. I intend not to publish anything further until they are down as I don't want to see my work immediately stolen by a bogus website.

working