Articles on HubPages Stolen by This Person.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 53 discussions (163 posts)
  1. Gianella Labrador profile image84
    Gianella Labradorposted 2 years ago

There are tons of articles getting stolen by this person :
    gouliatmiloud9@gmail.com

Posting it at a website without our permission!

Check your articles here that may have been stolen too:

acpeo.com

This person must be reported!

I just published an Article yesterday not even 24 hours has passed and boom he has copied paste it on his website.

What's going on HubPages? This person might be a reader and an author here for him to get access to these articles. Just worse if he is one of the editing team.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved!

We have exerted our efforts creating these articles. If it won't be featured to the niche sites as someone has stolen it for I don't know reason, what will become of us writers?

Kindly do something about these.

1. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Gianella. Many of us are having our articles stolen as soon as we publish them. Misbah, even had hers flagged as duplicate even though she had only just published it. I agree something needs to be done to stop this.

2. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info.

3. SerenityHalo profile image93
      SerenityHaloposted 2 years agoin reply to this

They got me too. They took my recent Elvis gospel article.

4. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
        Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Matt, I understood that writers own the copy right to they contents or works.                                                But the copying. theft, or plagiarize was done on the HubPages end side, not on the authors' website or blog(s).                                               Couldn't Hubpages done something about that? I mean stopping the copying?

1. Jodah profile image89

Couldn’t HubPages just check out the email address given at Gourmet Pro: gouliatmiloud9@gmail.com and see if there is a hubber with that address in their records? Then ban him/her.

2. Gianella Labrador profile image84

I have seen Bill's Mailbags too at the site of this person John. He/she is really something.

3. profile image0
    Vladimir Karasposted 2 years ago

I am not angry at that person, I actually feel sorry for him. He must be a miserable idiot suffering inferiority and compensating it by presenting himself as an intelligent person by stealing others' work. I can easily see him as wearing a T-shirt reading: "I am a movie star".

1. Jodah profile image89

Haha Val, I think your view of him is very close to the truth. Anyone that desperate to be noticed and seem intelligent has to be pitied.

4. theraggededge profile image87
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

Spotted one of Beth's: https: //acpeo. com/2022/03/06/how-to-give-feedback-in-a-writing-group/

They are posting so many on one day that they must be using scraping software.

5. Gianella Labrador profile image84

I agree Sir Vlad. I feel sorry and pity for this person behind this mysterious tactics of copying articles without our consent. The website itself was so sketchy to begin with. It says gourmet blogs but I rarely see any articles about gourmet. The contents are so random that he/she is just basically saving the works of others to a website. Imagine if this person is earning more for the contents that he/she doesn't own but his/her email is misleading. Displaying the email under the articles displayed is like saying that he/she is the author for it.

I don't know if this person might as well be in need of psychological consultation and a psychiatric advice.

It sounds bizzarre. Can't tell what this person is upto. May God Bless Him/Her.

6. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

I went to the website just a few moments ago and nothing loads. Perhaps the stolen content has all been removed?

1. Misbah786 profile image82
      Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The person is still stealing new articles. Here's an example of a fresh one:

https://hubstatic.com/15916951.png

7. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Yeah that seems to be it. Glad it has been all removed now. Thank God. All articles there have been removed. Thank you Carb for the info. I've just checked it to. God Bless you.

8. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

I'm wondering about the challenge.

9. theraggededge profile image87

I left a rude comment and told them they were breaking copyright law.

Couldn't find anything of mine so can't submit DMCA. Easy enough for someone to do.

10. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I sent an email to the person who was stealing the articles and filed a DMCA a few days ago. He/she never responded, but I'm relieved to know that all of my articles have been taken down from there . Thank God. Gianella, thank you for the information smile

https://hubstatic.com/15916949.png

But there's still a twist the person is still stealing articles from HubPages. Here's what he/she has just stolen now.

https://hubstatic.com/15916948.png

11. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

Yes, I'm sorry to say that the site is still up. I looked at it on two devices when people said that it was down, and it still existed, though it had a very small selection of articles. Now they are adding to this selection. As Misbah says, they've just added one with the HubPages name.

1. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it's still alive and well. An article that John (Jodah) wrote about the site is front and center - several times!

12. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Lol this boils down to question, "when will he ever learn?" how nasty.

13. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 2 years ago

This is the second site from this person. As I mentioned on another post, he or she is  probably a member, considering he has access to hubs that have not been published onto the search engines.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

A member of the HubPages community or team@hubpages.com? I'm very curious here.

14. Stephen Tomkinson profile image88
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 2 years ago

A look at the site seems to link it through  Alicia Harmony and La Petite Boulangerie with a registered office in London. However, there is no boulangerie, petite or not at the address given, nor any trace of a suitable Alicia Harmony.
    The links to Facebook, YouTube, etc get nowhere. We can sign up for a newsletter that is "delivered directly in you inbox" - I don't think I will.
    Hard to see what's going on here.

Have you ever heard of a thief leaving his address for the police to come and arrest him? smile
      Whoever the person is, he/she is really clever, and I believe he/she is not following the hubbers but the topics, and whoever posts a fresh article in his topic of interest, he simply thinks it's written for him to have it copied. It would be difficult to stop this person without the help of HubPages. HubPages seriously need to tighten the screws.

15. Dean Traylor profile image94

Awe I see what he did. He still has the original site; he took off the articles that were uploaded on the site prior to  the first thread on this particular
    subject being posted on Hubpages.. Possibly he (she) read that thread and immediately started taking those stolen articles offline. Don't know why he is still posting when has already been exposed (then again most crooks aren't that bright).

The person might be laughing at our helplessness. A lot of credit goes to our fantastic platform, which has so many loopholes that anyone can come in and take our work without being banned. I tried searching for the person using his or her email address, but I couldn't locate anything. According to the reverse search, the individual has a Linkedin account with the same Gmail address. Maybe he's also using the same Gmail address for his HubPages account. No matter how smart the thief is, he always makes a mistake; I hope HubPages can help us in this regard only if they want to.

16. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

Now they have Flourish's 70 songs with the word "Stay" posted. I left a scathing remark in their comments. (Hmmm, comments) but it will be up to FlourishAnyway to submit a formal complaint.

17. AliciaC profile image92

When I did a search for the text in the registered office section on the website, Chrome showed me page after page of sites with different URLs but (based on the ones that I checked) with the same format and in some cases with the same articles as the site that we're discussing. My browser showed me so many results that I gave up loading the pages.

18. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

He has also stolen Greg Cain’s latest response to Bill Holland’s challenge. He is very brazen.

19. theraggededge profile image87

The adverts on the pages seem to be 'circular'. Although I didn't click on them, they link back to the acpeo site.

20. Dean Traylor profile image94

Another update: the person is including the authors name and/or link to the original article. They are put at the bottom of the article. Evidently, this person got a crash course in plagiarism laws. Still, that's no excuse.

It makes no difference if the person is providing links to our original articles or is not trying to hide our names. In any case stealing is still a crime. Because of this site, HubPages unpublished my original article a few days ago and claimed that it is a duplicate content because their system was unable to determine where it was published first.

21. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I didn't realize this was happening at such a large degree. It is disgusting. I don't know why his site is not taken down. I appreciate all the information everyone provided.

22. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Browsing the Acpeo site, I have found many more HP articles still there and not all are attributed. These articles by Beth Eaglescliffe have a link back but no attribution visible to the author except a mention to her as Beth at the start of the article.

https://hubstatic.com/15917077_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15917078_f1024.jpg

John, I believe the source link the person has provided at the end of the article links back to HP smile

1. Jodah profile image89

Yes, you are right sorry. I edited my post smile

No problem smile

23. Misbah786 profile image82

I'm not sure what's going on at that site. My article has been re-posted there by the same person.

See:

https://hubstatic.com/15917086.png

It's crazy

24. Misbah786 profile image82

The website's Term and Conditions page made me laugh. Do thieves steal from each other's homes . . . Wondering. . .

See what they say:

https://hubstatic.com/15917129.png

https://  acpeo.com/terms-and-conditions/?amp=1

25. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

If that isn't hypocritical I don't know what is?

+1

26. alexadry profile image95
    alexadryposted 2 years ago

Yes, this person is still actively copying. I looked at the website's sitemap and there are over 40 articles copied for today! And is still currently copying, I see already articles being added with the date of March 7th!

27. alexadry profile image95

I compared the Hubpages sitemap and the stolen content website's sitemap. On Hubpages an article shows published at 3:23AM and on the copied article at 2:13AM. I am not sure what timezones are being followed.
    https://hubstatic.com/15917233_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15917235_f1024.jpg

I missed this response by Alexadry before. Wondering... How is that possible?

1. AliciaC profile image92
        AliciaCposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think Alexadry may have the right idea. The original article was published on the then current date and time at HubPages. The second article was probably published on the date and time where the copier lives.

28. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Mine was copied the next day after I published it. I published mine Evening of March 5 and it was posted on acpeo around 11am March 6. It got deleted sometime in the evening but then soon enough he posted it again. Good thing my article now has been approved by HP. I was afraid it would have problems and would stay pending due to some content stealing matters but I'm glad it is now flagged featured and no violations whatsoever. Have some screenshots of the timestamp you publish it on HP or the time you finish writing it in your writing software. It will prove that someone copied it intentionally I'm sure timestamps are different. Have the date shown as well.

29. Gianella Labrador profile image84

There is one thing I noticed, if an article is already moved to discover, he's got no choice but to copy everything manually. Since there will be ads in between and the original spaces of the article will be altered.  This person doesn't care about the spaces and interval between the verses. Maybe he was in a hurry? Trying to copy articles in his gourmet website as much as possible? I mean, I'd give their team a B for effort in copying and pasting articles from here to their website that's a lot of work! And to make it seem as if it's your own by placing your email ad underneath the headline title, wow just wow.

1. Jodah profile image89

He probably has an ad-blocker so they don’t appear, even if he steals them from Discover.

30. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 2 years ago

It’s been about 30 hrs that this issue has been posted.

Don’t the team at HP have anything to chip in YET?

Matt stated that they are trying to fix the issue. It's been almost 9 days now, not 30 hours.
      Here's the first forum thread I created 9 days ago. smile

https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … ost4230961

1. viryabo profile image95
        viryaboposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for pointing that out. I’m totally unaware it’s been on for a while.

31. theraggededge profile image87

It certainly puts me off even thinking about publishing anything new here.

1. CYong74 profile image96
      CYong74posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Since the thief is not earning anything, that's probably his/her actual intention.

1. alexadry profile image95
        alexadryposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Last thing I saw was that this thief doesn't have ads within the article, but does have ads displayed on the right side, so he/she is earning.

The ads link back to the site, fake ads in other words. And just like all the social media links.

Everything on the site is fake.

They even copied and pasted the article I wrote against them. Their website requires some filtering. Lol! big_smile

Absolutely incredible!

2. AliciaC profile image92
        AliciaCposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think CYong74 might be right. The goal of the site seems to be to annoy writers and perhaps HubPages. Maybe the creator is a disgruntled writer.

Omg! What a personality! smile

2. janshares profile image90
          jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Too shay, Alicia. Disgruntled. I suspected it was an inside job the first time Misbah posted about her first article being duplicate, but I didn't want to say it out loud and sound accusatory against my fellow hubbers. Very sad. I hope HP staff address and resolve it soon. Thank you, Gianella, for this forum post.

2. Shesabutterfly profile image93
      Shesabutterflyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree. If this person is using scraping technology is there anything HP can even do without knowing who exactly this person is?

Seems they are posting them after they get to Discover now. Hopefully people are not getting duplicate warnings anymore, but this is still very frustrating that it is continuing to happen on such a large scale.

32. Misbah786 profile image82

Hello Everyone,

Guess what? I wrote an article against that site. They also copied that. Lol! What else can we expect? Thank you, John, for your wise advice.

https://hubstatic.com/15917676.png

Here's the link to my original article:
    https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … tent-theft

33. boxelderred profile image86
    boxelderredposted 2 years ago

So…it’s looking somewhat normal-ish over on acpeo dot com this AM.  Does that mean they turned off their scraper, perhaps pointed it somewhere else?

No, they are still busy doing their job.  smile

2. Shesabutterfly profile image93
      Shesabutterflyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The home page is scraped from a different website (A Couple Cooks), but like Misbah said they are still actively taking HP articles too.

34. Nell Rose profile image86
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

I have given up on trying to stop thieves. I have at least 50 articles that have been stolen. Far too many for me to catch!

35. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Have published an article just now, regarding everyone's sentiments and some thoughts I had on this issue. Please take time to read. Although it seems I have written a novel of my thoughts, I'm sure it will be worth it. My apologies in advance for it being so lengthy. I just have to let it all out.

36. AliciaC profile image92

I see that the person has copied Rupert's story with "pickle" in the title to their gourmet site. This time, they haven't added the word "HubPages" to the source but say at the start that it was written by the person posting the articles. They give Rupert's name at the end of the article and provide a "source link" to the original story. It's still an example of copying content, though.

The person never mentioned 'HubPages' in any of my articles, either. I guess he/she thinks everything we write here is a gift for him. smile

37. theraggededge profile image87

People who spot their work there could send invoices for unauthorised use. I did it in the past, twice. And got paid--around $500 for the two stolen articles.

Send one by email, and a copy to the webhost.

1. Jodah profile image89

What a great idea. I am going to try that.

2. SerenityHalo profile image93

How did you go about writing these invoices? Did you use a lawyer? I’m guessing people normally ignore the invoice? Very curious.

1. theraggededge profile image87
        theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Just type out a standard invoice, paste into or attach it to an email. You don't need a lawyer. I've only done it a few times. Yes, they'll probably ignore it, but when faced with a legitimate demand for payment, they usually get the articles taken down fast. It seems to concentrate the mind big_smile

1. SerenityHalo profile image93

Awesome. Thank you for the tips.

38. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I just sent an invoice. Let's see if anything happens.

I sent one as well; let's see if it helps. smile

2. bravewarrior profile image87

Let us know if your invoices are paid, John and Misbah!

Sure! smile

2. Jodah profile image89

Will do, but I doubt they will even be acknowledged.

39. Misbah786 profile image82

https://hubstatic.com/15921016.png

Acpeo has already copied it. What's strange is that they copied it as soon as I published it. By mistake I used the word 'World' in the title of the article, and within 15 minutes of publishing it, I realized my mistake and changed the word 'World' to 'Global.' They took it before I made the change. I mean 'Wow.' Too quick!

My article did not stay on HubPages and climbed to discover as soon as I published it. Maybe it happened because I was working on this article for several days. I worked on it for 5 days and Acpeo took it away in 5 minutes. I'm sick of it!

Now I'm hoping that HP's system will not flag it by mistake!

This is certainly thwarting any desire to keep publishing on this format.

To be honest, Shauna, the current situation is suffocating my desire to write and publish on this site.

I can relate. Along with all the other changes we've been subjected to, this latest occurrence is squelching my creativity.

1. theraggededge profile image87
            theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think I'll republish all my HP articles to Medium. I might as well be the one doing the copying... and profiting from it.

big_smile

2. Jodah profile image89

Same here.

40. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Somehow I missed the thread(s) about this guy/site till now, when someone pointed out to me that my last two articles have been copied/pasted there. So now it's on like Donkey Kong.

Does anybody know where/who to contact to file a DMCA against this choad? I want to make him bite the curb, digitally speaking.

https://support.google.com/legal/answer … 1&rd=2

I've filed DMCA for two and going to submit one more for the most recent one.

https://hubstatic.com/15923533_f1024.jpg

1. SerenityHalo profile image93

Just submitted my complaint. I assume the more of us that do this the sooner the thief will be buried.

I hope smile

41. CYong74 profile image96
    CYong74posted 2 years ago

Has anyone written to the web host of this thief? If so, what's the response?

42. Gianella Labrador profile image84

I've tried writing an email to the address displayed of this website, but it seems monitored by a bot only, it doesn't reply.

Not that address. Have you written to the web host at abuse@hostinger.com ?

The site owner is extremely unlikely to respond.

Will do today smile
        Thank you so much for providing the email address, CYong.

You haven't done so yet?

I've filed DMCAs and sent emails to the email address listed as his username on the website. As I can see the user image on that gmail address, I believe the person is receiving my emails and the email address is valid.

https://hubstatic.com/15924098.png

Misbah, no offence. But sending emails to the thief is obviously not going to accomplish anything. Why are you even doing it?

The way you protested against Matt's suggestion also gave me the impression you have already exhausted all DMCA options, when you haven't even done the basic first step? Are you aware that if the host accepts your filing, they will remove the infringing material? They might even shut down the whole site? It also takes just a minute, if you use the template supplied by HP.

Frankly, I think this is a way more immediate way to deal with the issue, compared badgering Matt and HP for days. Or investigating ways like firewalls and restrictions and what have you. Methods that could kill our traffic more effectively than any thief could.

BTW, stop sharing all these screenshots too. We know what the site is. You're giving it a lot of publicity, and not in a good way.

I see. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestions, CYong. I am amazed to know that I am the one who's giving publicity to that site. Bravo!!!
                It's not just me the entire HP is under the attack of that website, so there's no reason to blame me.

You don't need to be sarcastic, Misbah. If you need me to spell it out, I'm turned off by your many insinuations about HP over the last few days. No, I should say the way you openly "blame" HP for this matter.

You also refuse to do the one thing that is internationally recommended for such incidents. But you would go write a hub, wait for it to be stolen, then share screenshots, then tell the administrator off. Then start a forum thread lamenting how dead your feed is because of this thief.

You deserve the bravo.

Cool! I am not being sarcastic. smile

I have sent an email to the web host as well now let's wait and watch what's next. Matt asked me to file DMCA, I respect his words and did that plenty of times. I am not the only one who's writing hubs.

What do you mean by I am writing hubs and waiting for them to be stolen? (Some of us writers were having fun and thought that by writing a hub against that site, we might be able to stop the thief.)

Again it's not just me who's facing this problem.  I am not blaming HP for anything, we were just asking for HP's help and it was not just me who was asking for help. smile Please go and read all the forms.

I think you are having a bad day CYong. Please stay calm. Happy Weekend!!

2. Jodah profile image89

I have but no response as yet.

43. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Misbah never accused HP of being complicit in the theft, she, as did a number of us said the perpetrator must me a member here that is following some of us or certain topics...as you referred to maybe a disgruntled member. It was also not Misbah who suggested setting up a firewall.

Check forum: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … -apceo-etc

ANNART WROTE:

Why can't hubpages do something about our articles stolen by the likes of Apceo? It seems they take just about everything but HP does nothing!  HP will lose out too because authors will start removing their pieces.

Bravewarrior
    “Ann, Matt insists it's not HP's responsibility, but the writers' because we own the copyrights. However, I feel they should and can do something to disallow  the penetration of bots and human plagiarists alike, since the entire platform is being infiltrated. How about a firewall?”

I can understand why Misbah is concerned however, as she has had articles flagged as duplicate here almost immediately after publishing.
    It also gets a bit much when every article you publish is stolen as soon as it hits Discover, as is my situation. I don’t understand why you are singling out Misbah.
    DMCAs have been sent to both the host and Google so let’s see if it goes anywhere.

Thank you so much for your support, John smile
      Lots of Blessings to you, dear friend

44. CYong74 profile image96

Jodah, let me put it this way.

I know who suggested what. Who talked about locking down the site, firewalls, screening members, etc. I did read the forum. That's why I responded.

I have stolen articles too, though never any marked as duplicate, yet. (I'm sure I'd be targeted soon) So I know the pain, and the frustration when there's no way to pull these copies down.

But whereas everyone is indignant, worried, angry, someone here strikes me as ... gleeful? And this certain person rejects the official recommendation while having never even tried. Then started a sarcastic thread promoting more apocalyptic theories about the site's future.

Maybe it does for you, but it doesn't add up for me.

And I'm not saying she's the disgruntled person behind everything. I'm explicitly saying she gives me the impression she's milking this to express her other unhappiness with the site. Which is unfair and incredibly tasteless.

Who told you I'm expressing my unhappiness? If I were unhappy, I would not have invested my time and effort in HubPages. I've written 150 articles for this site in 14 months because I love it! But if we have a problem, it is our right to address it, and no one from HP has ever told us not to talk about it. Instead, they have provided us with a discussion forum. If something hurts you, please avoid, but don't blame others. You're fighting a case against nothing.

What case do you think I'm fighting? I mean, going by your advice, you can avoid me too.

And who are you kidding, are you even addressing anything? Everything you wrote on this matter encourages the dumping of the entire problem on the platform. You haven't even done a proper DMCA and yet you ranted about it being an impossible avenue. And moaned about having no proper official response for days.

Your love for the site is truly thorny.

I filed DMCA before Matt suggested me to do that. The site removed my content once and then re-posted it.

Control yourself I don't want to lower myself to your level, so I'd simply report your responses, and to be clear, you'd be the first one I'd ever report.

Well, go ahead then. I'm sure you can spin a really long accusation about me.

We are also already at the pits, you made me lower down to that level to engage you. That is an accomplishment, btw, you ought to pat yourself. Other than one other hubber, no one managed to incense me enough to speak this way.

Uffff!!! Don't make me stoop at your level because I don't want to.

No Misbah. You are pressing the entire site to crouch at your level.

By the way, I hope you're cordial enough to thank me. You did start a forum thread to complain about how boring your HP feed is? Did I at least give you a few hours of excitement? (Oh, you'd probably deny it. I bet you would)

Know this too. If HubPages is really in real threat, lunatics like me will most certainly not stomach it sitting down.

Yes, I started that thread! Thank you for entertaining me. I was mentioning that there were no new hubs on the feed and that the feed was empty. I don't like arguing with people like you do, so the way you entertained me surprised me.

By the way, you dropped the topic in between. You didn't tell me if you want me to share the Screenshot of the  email you sent to me?  Goodbye!

Yeah, I can be really obsessive when you succeed in pressing all my buttons.

And I've been here longer than you. So I know for a fact there are hubbers far worse than me. I believe it wouldn't be longer before you lure all of them out.

45. SerenityHalo profile image93
    SerenityHaloposted 2 years ago

Love to you Misbah. I’ll try to DM you.

Hi Andrea,
      I missed reading your response before because there were so many other responses that it got tangled up in the rush. Please accept my sincerest apologies. smile

Love & Blessings!!

46. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Please use the forums discussion wisely and behave accordingly. Not only both of you are able to read this thread but also the staffs and others. Please be mindful of our actions and its consequences. I say 'our' because I might have done something too over the past few days regarding this matter that's a little off.

Remember, you are also displaying who you are as a writer and as an author. Be professional even in forums.

I hope you both have gotten so much off of your chest already. Call it a night.

God bless to both of you.

Gonna be mindful next time too. Thank you for reminding not to overshare.

Have a great weak sheaf

You're the thread starter, Gianella, so I'll respect you and stop.

For the record, I don't think you did anything off too. At most you were but given poor directions.

47. Misbah786 profile image82

John Hansen has made it very clear here : https://hubpages.com/forum/post/4233463

48. Misbah786 profile image82

Anyone who's reading this thread knows who's doing what

My first response to CYong: https://hubpages.com/forum/post/4233439

My second response:
    https://hubpages.com/forum/post/4233448

Then his response: https://hubpages.com/forum/post/4233453

I was being polite but no one can stay polite after being accused for no reason. Like CYong did here when he said: "It's impossible to avoid you on the forum. You're outdoing even, you know, that other hubber you told off for being unthinking, nowadays.

And I already said it. Your insinuations and dismissals are a turn off. Way more harmful than this thief is.

Then this: I'll make a confession too. I baited you earlier. When I asked whether anyone has filed with the host, I expected you to reply. You did. And you replied in exactly the way I thought you would. Which is that you haven't even done the basic despite all the doomsday claims and laments, and forum threads you're making.

And then:

Your love for the site is truly thorny.

And he says  I am accusing him.

How toxic. You're cherry picking my words to play victim again.

Am I now your latest target?

I think your behavior will ultimately depict your true intentions on this matter.

You are not that lucky to be my target but you have targeted me. And I am not talking to you directly. So please don't reply under my responses now.

I hope your wish come true about depicting my real intentions on this matter. smile

But you are bending over backward to paint a bad picture of me, which I guess you are entitled to since I'm blunt about you.

I will also reply as I see fit. If you feel that's wrong, report me and we will let the admins decide.

A new charge!

You're being blunt about me, and you believe others are flattering. right?
            It’s not me who’s painting a bad picture of you, you admitted above that you started all of this on purpose. Now you just have to explain why you're doing all of this drama.

I was being polite to you, and everyone who knows me knows how I am, so all of this drama would be useless.

I haven't had many interactions with you in the last 14 months, so how can you be so sure about me? This is very suspicious.

You keep insisting that I have some hidden agenda against you. I have already made it clear everything started because I find your behavior fishy.

You claim to be traumatized by your new hub being marked as a duplicate. I believe that. But from that point, you do nothing other than blame the platform. You don't even do the one thing that has a shot at dealing with the thief. And yet you have the time and energy to keep sharing screengrabs of the thief.

Why? I asked you this right from the start and you have been ignoring the question, while raining more and more accusations on me. Is it because you really thought emailing the thief would help? But you have been told several times to file with the host. Advice that you reject right away.

And in the midst of all these, you have time to start a thread to lament the impending death of the site. You can write a hub on the matter, wait for it to be stolen, then share screengrabs of the crime. (Correspondingly, giving traffic to the thief). Supposedly as a joke.

Why?

You are unbelievable!

Yes, I thought sending an email to the person would help. Because I did once and filed a DMCA too, the person removed my content in no time but then re-posted it later. You can find the clues of what I am saying is true in the previous comments on the same thread.

I thanked you for providing the web host's email address because I wasn't sure what the web host's email address was, but thanking you was really expensive.

49. CYong74 profile image96

Thanking me for that email wasn't expensive, whatever that means. Ultimately, it is all because you strongly gave the impression you are more interested in moaning about the theft rather than doing something concrete. The way you splashed screengrabs about and reject the dmca suggestions further makes everything more suspicious.

I never rejected the suggestion of filing DMCA, I filed it and even provided links on this forum and on other forum discussions as well so that others can file it too.  If you are so concerned, please do read all of the threads that have been started on this subject.

Yes, thanking you was costly in the sense that I spent a lot of energy on this forum discussion for nothing.

Second, I never sent you an email; you sent it to me, and I replied to you after a month or so when things calmed down. To be clear, I do not respond to every email I receive. If you were so concerned about Mr. MG Singh's matter, you should have responded on the forum discussion rather than sending me an email.
      I mentioned the email you sent to me about 10 months ago because in previous comments you confused people on this forum by using the term "Other hubber," then mentioned "a hub about Pakistan," then about my forum post that I created about 10 months ago and has nothing to do with this matter, and your never-ending blames. I wanted to make it clear to everyone on this forum. I don't want them to get confused.. Just a quick wrap-up, I hope that makes sense. smile

I think people can read and see what you have been up to, at which point of time, over this and other matters. I mentioned your harassment of emge previously because you were raining accusations on me, and I reminded I was previously cordial with you. Which you then immediately twist into another tale.

Notice too how I am not citing others or rearranging your words, etc. I stand by what I originally said, which is to do the sensible thing and stop giving the thief publicity with all your screengrabs. But you keep making this a "me me me me ME" thing. That convinces me you don't care about the issue beyond the initial shock. You only care about it being all about you.

Can you please stop now? I'm tired. I've already wasted a lot of my energy, and I don't want to waste any more of it arguing with you about something that isn't going anywhere. Stop playing mind games, CYong. There was no need to bring up Matt's name, nor was it necessary to bring up the conversation about Mr. Singh. It is you, who is trying to make it all about you. I just said a 'thank you ' to you in response to one of your comments and you didn't stop after that.

2. Misbah786 profile image82

All of your hypocrisy about Mr.MG Singh's case will end here if I start being as disrespectful to you as you are to me. If you will not stop, I will have to reveal your statements on that matter, which you sent to me via email. Is there anything I've ever asked you about? Stop pushing me!

No one came up and supported you on this forum because everyone can see how rude and disrespectful you are being towards me for no reasons.

But you didn't stop, did you? After others stepped in, I pulled away and you claimed you're stopping. But you started cherry picking my words and rearranging the sequence. And you were the one who immediately blew up when I told you to do the sensible thing and stop with the screengrab nonsense. You clearly are more than willing to expend energy on this.

And why are you so touchy about me highlighting your response to Matt's reply? I told you I find that response unbecoming and odd. It was what led me to wonder what's your actual interest in the whole matter.

But I suppose it's all just you having your fun here. All part of your efforts to keep the limelight on you by playing victim and to extend that limelight by liberally accusing everything and anything of having an agenda on you. Including at this site which you claim to love, thus why I said your proclaimed love for the site is thorny.

That's also why you jumped at the chance to write a scathing hub which might be immediately stolen by the thief. It's all, for you, just part of making everything about you, no matter the expense.

And please, go ahead and share private emails if you feel that helps. I mean, it reflects who you really are, doesn't it? No matter how much you try to play victim. As for this whole, I have support of others etc. Do you really? Do I need it too? From the start, I have just been telling you to do the sensible thing. Stop playing up the issue and do the sensible thing to stop the issue. Stop giving the thief traffic and attention by sharing screengrabs, writing articles for it, and indirectly encouraging everyone to visit.

Why do you have such a strong aversion to that? Why do you keep making it a me-vs-you situation when it's clear you are just helping the thief? Even if you don't intend for the latter?

50. alexadry profile image95

So... this is what I found today. It looks like this individual is using a theme from a company that does pre-built websites and is simply using the contact info provided by the theme (which I guess one would normally change). This likely explains why social media buttons and the newsletter doesn't work. He's not associated with La Petite Boulangeri etc. Even the ads are taken from the theme. The pre-built website is found here under Prebuilt websites scrolling down to Gourmet Pro: https://demo.tagdiv (dot) com/select_demo/newspaper-prebuilt-websites/

1. Jodah profile image89

Well done with your detective work, Alexadry. Thank you for sharing this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)