I am new to hubpages, and am curious as to how it works and how you get paid?

1. Jdjohnson1913 profile image60
    Jdjohnson1913posted 5 years ago

I am new to hubpages, and am curious as to how it works and how you get paid?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

Welcome! Your first stop should be the Learning Center. Click on your user name in the upper right corner of the page, and in the menu is a link to the Learning Center. There you will find all the info you need about starting on HubPages and earning money.

Best of luck!

3. truebluewriter profile image64
    truebluewriterposted 5 years ago

Hey, welcome to hubpages.

Basic idea is just write good, useful content and drive visitors to your hubs.

For the first part of it (content), you can pretty much write about whatever you want. Doesnt really matter what it is as long as you feel it's worth writing about. My suggestion though is that you write about things that people are interested in. Things that will be interesting for years and years to come so that you can continually benefit from your articles.

WIth regards to driving traffic. That's up to you how you do it but traffic is essential for you to make money here. There are 4 main ways you earn money:

Ebay
    Amazon
    Hubpages ad program
    and adsense

For the first two, you get capsules (little ad blocks which you can configure to promote a product) that you can use to sell products from these site. You earn money if you successfully promote them. So it's basically affiliate marketing if you're familiar with the term. Just write hubs that are in someway related to the products you wanna sell and then slap the products on there and you're good to go.

For the last two, you need to drive lots of traffic to your hubs. You earn from adsense if a reader clicks on one of the adsense ads. So it's a pay per click thing. The hubpages ad program pays per impression.

I earn the most, not much mind you (I still have too few hubs), from amazon and the hubpages ad program.

I suggest you head over to the learning center like what ThePracticalMommy said. Best you read up on the fine details of these things.

Good Luck and happy writing.

working