What does it mean that my hubpage views are down 60.7% but my profile views are

1. cynthtggt profile image77
    cynthtggtposted 5 years ago

What does it mean that my hubpage views are down 60.7% but my profile views are up 25%?  Why am I

Why do my unpublished draft articles have 3 views but my most recent published article has 0 views?  Moreover, why is it that I see myself following other's hubs I have not chosen?

2. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 5 years ago

There are quite a few questions here.

(1)  Your page-views are down x % is based on the previous week/months views. i.e. if you had 100 page views last month and only 40 page views this month then your figures would show a drop of 60%.

The opposite is true for your profile views. 25% more people looked at your profile page.
    So if 100 looked at it last month, then this month 125 people looked at it.

Your unpublished hubs page views are from your editing activity on the pages.

Finally the default setting is to follow all hubs you comment on.
    The little check box in the bottom left hand corner of the comments box must be unticked to unfollow.

Hope this answers your questions Phew! lol

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image94
    Stephanie Henkelposted 5 years ago

Hubpage views are views of your articles while profile views mean that people have viewed your profile page. People will sometimes take a look at your profile page without clicking on any of your hubs.

Your draft articles will show views every time you leave them and come back to them. The system counts you as a viewer.  I'm not sure about your recently published article as I would think it would have a few total views from you going in to look at it.

I think that you automatically follow anyone's hub when you've commented on it unless you uncheck the box on the hub or change the default setting. If you go into your account settings under "following", you can click on "hubs you follow" and see that there is a box at the top that is checked. The default setting is to follow hubs that you comment on, but you can uncheck this box if you wish.