jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you legally use pictures on Hubpages?

1. Elani-Lee profile image82
    Elani-Leeposted 6 years ago

How do you legally use pictures on Hubpages?

I don't have any pics on any of my hubs, although all sources say it is important for traffic. I am just really afraid of somehow getting into legal trouble for misuse of a photo or something. How do you use pictures from elsewhere on the web without any legal ramifications?  Is there a source for free pictures?

2. Daisy Mariposa profile image88
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

There is a HubPages Learning Center article that answers your question.

This is the link to that article...
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

The easiest way to make sure you have full rights to pictures is to take them yourself. They don't have to be professional quality to add interest to your hub. But if you want to use other photos don't be afraid, it's not that hard. Daisy Mariposa has given you a good link, and there are hubs all about this subject, just search for them.

4. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

first, thanks for taking the ethical approach to this issue and being concerned about the photographer's rights

there are many sources of free images on the web - creative commons is one great source  - even the microstock agencies that sell images usually have free images you can use.  some photographers like myself allow our images to be used on the web as long as a link to our image is included

5. Dennis AuBuchon profile image85
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the resources you provided through the link to the hubpages learning center.

I have been wanting to add pictures to my hubs but was unsure as to how to find legal sources.

working