jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can someone tell me how the backlinks work ? I am clueless and would like to lin

1. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

Can someone tell me how the backlinks work ? I am clueless and would like to link my hubpages and...

How do I apply the backlinks to my articles?

2. harrist profile image60
    harristposted 7 years ago

blogs comments , forums, yahoo answer,!  submit your articles to ezine sites and etc.etc.  or if you want! find hubs that have same niche or at least still related with your articles and post some comments! and don't forget about your hubs tags, its very important wink

3. NoRR4Me profile image83
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

You've only been here a few days and published all those hubs, but you need to take some time and check out the HubPages Learning Center.

There's a link at the bottom of this page. There, you'll find tutorials on how to succeed on HubPages. They also have some videos that show you step by step how to link, etc. Here's their guide about backlinking.

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/a-gu … cklinking/

4. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

Thank you both so much for the links and your help!

5. jpwriter profile image79
    jpwriterposted 7 years ago

Interlinking - when you post a text link inside a hub to one of your other hubs.  example:  article A complements article B so you want to link them together.  Use the best 2 word text phrase in article A as the anchor text (the text that ends up being the link) and put in a link to article B.  this should be article B's keywords or it doesn't help it at all.

An article should only point at the same article 1 time.  So, one of your articles on changing has too many links in it.  You only need one.

When you are backlinking then you don't want to interlink the same articles.  Say you want to promote article B then you would put a link in article A but not a reciprocal link so that they are both linked together. That gives article B more "link juice" in the search engines. 

When you backlink those articles that usually means that you are using a bookmark site or another site like InfoBarrel to write related articles and put a contextual link in it.  The more backlinks that go to one articles the higher it can potentially rank.  But make sure that the text you choose as your "anchor text" is a keyword.

I hope that's not too confusing!  My profile page on here has a few sites that I use for backlinking, etc. if you want to know more.  Hopefully that helped some though.