jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does the user name of a hubber affect your decision to read or not read their hu

1. bmcoll3278 profile image77
    bmcoll3278posted 5 years ago

Does the user name of a hubber affect your decision to read or not read their hubs?

When your on the hub do you pay attention to the user name of a writer and does it affect your opinion of the hub?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago

My decision to read a Hub ... is not 'affected' by the apparent 'name' ... of the Hubber.
    I go for the Content ... of the Hub-stated.

But ... In most cases at these Pages, it is an "adopted" name ... used by the hubbers ...
    Thus ... Unless ... the adopted name is so preposterously suggestive, that it says all ... the bearer could possibly say ... then I don't read the hub ...

3. krsharp05 profile image93
    krsharp05posted 5 years ago

The name of a hubber doesn't ever affect my decision on whether or not I read their hubs.  It's really about the topic, whether or not it catches my interest.

4. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

No, not for me, with one exception that I won't disclose. I hubhop a lot, so I go by the subject of the Hub, and the tone of the title and opening lines. If a Hub deals with technical matters of which I know nothing, I will pass.

5. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

No..I only pay attention to the topics they write about..

6. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

7. unknown spy profile image76
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

yes me too.. its about the topic that i usually browse and read..it doesnt matter what the username is.

8. ChinaDoll32BX profile image59
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 5 years ago

No not at all,  I never pay attention to the name or hubscore

9. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

No, it does not matter to me. I usually do not know who wrote it unless I am reading it because it is a friend. I do read all of the work of some people.