jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do some hubpages look different?

1. Heather Says profile image98
    Heather Saysposted 5 years ago

Why do some hubpages look different?

I noticed some hubs have background images and some hubs' hubscores are in a different font.  Is this is transition that is happening in waves and mine hasn't happened yet?  Or am I crazy?

2. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 5 years ago

I just noticed that too. It's like premium Hubs with fancier layouts.  It looks nice, but there are no related Hubs on the right side of these dressed up Hubs.  I like related Hubs to continue reading about a subject.

3. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Interesting.  I haven't noticed this, but I'll pay more attention.  I did learn a few tricks from hubs.  For instance, you can add a divider between text capsules by using a photo hub.  Another hub taught me how to make my links open in another tab without leaving my page by adding some HTML code.  I am not an expert in HTML code, but wonder, if I knew more, could I at least dress up my text capsules (they have the HTML option in the upper left when you are in the edit mode).

I asked a question about this and an answer was that the HP creators want all of the pages to look similar and not  look like spam.  That makes the question of hub and hub premium even more interesting.

4. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

They are trying a new format and if people seem to like it, it will be used by all.

5. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I just noticed the change yesterday on someone's hub and also wondered if we were all in for a change. It is a simple, clean cut look which I found attractive, but I kind of like the related hubs listed also.

6. daborn7 profile image77
    daborn7posted 5 years ago

HubPages is trying a new layout. No, your not crazy! They sent out an email to inform about it. They also have more information about it on their blog if you care to check it out. There are not any real major changes, but subtle ones. Hubscores will be displayed differently and also the author name and score will be placed underneath the title of the article to give it a more professional appearance.

7. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

I think that the premium members' pages will look a bit different, and also Hub Pages is trying a new format I believe, but do not know how soon we will all be able to try it out.

working