jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Should HubPages should change hub comments so the reply follows the comment bein

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Should HubPages should change hub comments so the reply follows the comment being replied to?

They've fixed the Q&A section so you can reply to answers, when you reply to a forum post it follows the post you're responding to, I think they should change the comment section at the end of hubs so they follow the same format. When you hit the reply button the reply should appear immediately below the comment you are answering. This makes it easier for the author to keep track of which comments have been answered and makes easier reading for everyone else.

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

I second the idea ... It would save time ...
    Authors, could stop this figuring out business ... whether the Comment ...placed next theirs ... was in their, or some other Comment's context ...

3. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Maybe-- but I usually just include the name of the person I am replying to, in my response. That way, it is clear-- and their name gets picked up in site searches, as well.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just worry that I'll miss someone, especially if there are a lot of comments in a short amount of time.

4. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 6 years ago

I'd like that.  Right now it's not a huge hassle to include someone's name, but your suggestion would certainly make things easier.

5. Heather Says profile image97
    Heather Saysposted 6 years ago

Oh my gosh, I wish.  If I write a hub before bed, I can wake up to a stream on comments and replying to them can be a jumble.  I wish my replies weren't another long stream like I'm talking to myself.  Your suggestion would be awesome if implemented.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Yes that would be great, when there is a long list of comments on a new hub, it is hard to make sure everyone is properly responded to. I am afraid some people will miss my reply when I respond to each one individually whether in one post or several.

The other thing I would like, which would work well if each comment could get its own reply, is for the Hubber to be notified if they are getting a response.  Instead of them having to check for it in the feeds, or having to come back to see it, they can simply get a notification that they are being mentioned.

working