jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why would my latest hub published have a blank but patterned right hand side bar

1. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago

Why would my latest hub published have a blank but patterned right hand side bar?

I had not finished a hub I was writing and editing. Came back to it later and already viewing it in unpublished mode it had this blue-ish but patterned blank right hand side bar - didn't think too much if it as I was editing my hub, but after publishing the hub it's still there. Thought it might be a slow connection or something, and the right hand side bar would appear, but my other hubs don't have this odd sidebar - the area beneath the hub is also a bit different - has a "others are also reading" section with links, and there's no sharing buttons or voting buttons or useful etc buttons.

2. Lauryallan profile image80
    Lauryallanposted 6 years ago

I believe this is because you have written a hub in the technology category.

Hubpages is currently testing out a new layout for certain categories on the site right now. There's one for all fashion/beauty hubs and another design/layout for technology based hubs.

I don't really write in these areas, but did notice the topic in the forum the other day. If you are looking for more information, I think you will find it in the forum.

3. dmcgaw profile image61
    dmcgawposted 6 years ago

Thanks for answering that Lauryallan.  I was going to ask the same thing.  I love the look of it but I don't love that it doesn't have the social sharing buttons.  Hopefully HP can work out these little things and make different options like this available for all hubs!

1. Lauryallan profile image80
      Lauryallanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No problem, I had the same question a few weeks ago when I was reading a fashion hub.

working