jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do the forums seem depressing to anyone else?

1. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 6 years ago

Do the forums seem depressing to anyone else?

I love Q&A, but the forums don't make me feel very confident or enthusiastic. Has anyone else noticed this trend or am I just not giving it enough of a try?

2. Jenna Pope profile image61
    Jenna Popeposted 6 years ago

You know, I often don't read all the responses to a topic or question because most people come into the forum wanting to reinforce their beliefs, rather than change them. So I just put in my two cents and move on. I used to feel depressed after reading all the comments.

3. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

The forums are not too bad now.  You should have seen how it was after the big G Panda rolled out and when Hubpages changed to subdomain last year.  So much negativity in the forums and many old-time hubbers left HP. 

During my first few months, I seldom made comments in the forums.  Hubpages is a good site with lots of wonderful friendly helpful hubbers.  However, there are also a few mean, self-centered, egotistical, self-righteous, all-knowing... did I mention mean? people here.  I had been slapped with sarcasm like "Thank you for your lack of knowledge, Rosie."  I was too naive to know that as a newbie, I should keep my mouth shut, as I knew squat! LOL

I play in the Sandpit.  Play with us there.  The mean people very seldom play there... it's probably beneath them being all-knowing and all.  big_smile

Welcome to Hubpages, rmcleve!

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, all the arguing gets absolutely vicious. 

But I have to admit I don't like the ability to comment on posted answers to these questions.  Recently saw a question that had an answer (if an unpopular one), the person who asked the question posted a snide comment about the answer, then the person who asked the question posted a rebuttal.

Doesn't that seem sort of forum like?  I don't care for it.

working