jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How long does the rush of views last after posting links?

1. peeples profile image91
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

How long does the rush of views last after posting links?

So I finally got with the program and went to digg, reddit, and stumbleupon and put some of my links in. In the last 48 hours my views have increased by 300%. How long will this rush last typically?

2. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

They last for maybe a day or so, and then they'll return to normal levels. I can't really say anything about digg and stumbleupon, but I did post links to reddit, but I just ended up attracting trolls, and also experienced a massive drop in Google traffic. Since I've stopped back-linking (apart from Facebook) my Google traffic has taken off.

3. sonykkid profile image61
    sonykkidposted 5 years ago

typically a day, you'll need to do seo to get longterm traffic. After stoping backlinking my traffic from google has doubled but my overall traffic has dropped, well I have only just started like you and i get 10% of my traffic from Google, on pages seo is still very important

4. peeples profile image91
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Thanks you! I will hate to see it go!! I still haven't figured out seo, that will be my next project!

5. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
    EinderDarkwolfposted 5 years ago

I use digg and stumbleupon and the traffic stay pretty steady. I tend to use them as soon as I publish the article, mainly only for google backlinking. I also recommend using google adwords keyword tool. It's free to sign up and that's mainly what I use the tool for, to check for keywords on each link and add some new one's that I didn't think of. It tends to keep the traffic coming. Combined with google analytics, I can track page rank and such of each article. Just a few suggestions if you haven't gotten to them yet

1. peeples profile image91
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I didn't even know about the keyword tool!

working