jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How is your trafffic & visibility in Google results being affected by the April

1. Drax profile image79
    Draxposted 5 years ago

How is your trafffic & visibility in Google results being affected by the April 2012 Penguin update

Google recently introduced an algorithmic improvement designed to help people find more high-quality sites in search. This will impact on sites & articles that have employed black hat linking and promotion SEO techniques.

2. Neil Horton profile image61
    Neil Hortonposted 5 years ago

Traffic is down nearly 50% on my sites and I am still trying to figure what the reasons are. I still have page one rankings for several keywords, but traffic is still down. I am beginning to wonder if Google is'nt throttling websites infavor of their higher earning sites. Sites such as Manta, hotfrog, and sbc directories are now ranking substantially higher with much weaker content.

In my opinion, Penguin has done just the opposite of what it is intended to do. Erroneous results are rampant as well with some results having absolutely nothing to do with the search.

1. Drax profile image79
      Draxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hmmm, that's a significant fall :-(  I do not see that in any of my sites so far. IMHO the usefulness of Google search has declined in the last few years and neither Panda or Penguin seem to have brought any real improvement.

3. mbyL profile image80
    mbyLposted 5 years ago

I am not sure, but I think I see an increase in my hub views. I am new to hubpages, so I cannot really tell, but this update has affected me, if at all, positively. Many of my hubs, which had a low traffic are now getting a few more.

1. xriotdotbiz profile image64
      xriotdotbizposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You may be lucky because you wouldn't have done any external SEO, which could have tanked your Hubs in Google. Me, using old anchor text SEO tanked my Hubs (I think). Wish I had some advice on how to improve traffic but this penguin is too new.

working