jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Does your profile Hubscore affect you?

1. yougotme profile image88
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Does your profile Hubscore affect you?

Though the Author Hubscore is meant to gauge so many things about the hubber (and his/her hubs), it affects me personally. I dunno. I just can't help but get elated if my Hubscore increases, and get a bit down if it decreases. How about you? Do you get the same reaction/feeling?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Only in friendly terms with one of my friends..Alexk2009.. I keep giving him a hard time about why his score is always higher than mine..other than that, no not really..

3. WorkAtHomeMums profile image89
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

Hearing you loud and clear ! I'm sure as my time here grows I'll pay less attention to its often sudden movements but as it fluctuates now it definitely makes me wonder.

4. bizwin profile image59
    bizwinposted 5 years ago

No, my author hubscore does not affect me in any way. What is affecting me is the daily cash (number) coming in, this depends on how many online visitors arrive at my hubs and actually stayed and read them. What i mean is that, what i'm actually worried about is the number of daily page views and how much money is credited to my hubpages account. The more page views i've got, the more elated i am, and vice versa.

1. yougotme profile image88
      yougotmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Highly sensible! smile You're right!

5. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

Quite frankly, I don't pay attention to Hubscores. Is there a real reason to be concerned with your score? You see, I write for the sake of writing and only for the sake of writing. I don't pay attention to SEOs, key words, most searched topics, etc. Again...and it is just me...I write because I love to...pure and simple. My only motivation is to author a compelling article that people will read and comment on.

6. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

I write and do the best I can and I don't worry about the rest.

Stay Well

7. madmachio profile image60
    madmachioposted 5 years ago

It makes me happy to see it high.. Then it makes me work to keep it there

working