jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

This has probably already been asked....

1. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 7 years ago

But.... what is the starting score on your hub and what is it based on? Is it the same across the board? hmm

Confused,
    Misty Wild

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you create and publish a Hub right away, they all start out at 50, which is the mid-range of the possible score. 

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscore

3. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 7 years ago

I got a 49 on one I wrote last night, that's why I was asking. Thanks for the input.

4. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I published a new hub the other day, it received a hub score of 49 too.

It wasn't filled with a lot of writing. It has some and about 6-8 pictures.

So, I'm not exactly sure.

The hub I published before that...started out at 50. And, this one had more writing on it and no pictures.

Sorry, I wasn't much help.

mistywildposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No problem, you were helpful, at least I know now that others can get a 49 and it's not just me. Thanks for commenting!

5. wyanjen profile image86
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

Start out with a lot of content - 800 words is what I shoot for, to start. Put in some pictures, add different elements.
    As you get more traffic, the scores will go up wink

Thanks for the advise. 800 words, sheesh.... big_smile

6. mcbean profile image76
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

If your hubscore is important to you:

Write half of it then save.
    Come back after 1 day and finish it. Your score will be above 50 or possibly 60 just by waiting.

Thanks for the advise, I didn't know that worked like that, I'm usually so determined to hit publish when I'm done.

1. wyanjen profile image86
        wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can always go back and edit. Add new stuff etc. This will also raise your score smile

2. wyanjen profile image86
        wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm doing one right now that has 1200+ words, two vids, and 7 pictures. I wont have it done until sunday, I took a day off work to get writing it LOL and do the graphics

I spent a lot of today doing just that, I hate seeing those blue aarons (traffic falling)

7. Jackson Riddle profile image61
    Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago

Don't really worry about the score to be honest. In my first two weeks on the site I was really paranoid about getting good scores, I'm not sure but the trend that I have been seeing with my hubs is that they rise from 49 or 50 to around 75 after 1 or two days. They then are fluctuating between 73-82 sometimes in 1 day. Just focus on writing quality content. You probably hate hearing something like that, I did, but I've come to realise that being happy with what you have written is paramount to anything else.

The scores are frustrating, but I am with you about being happy with your writing.

working