jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why does my referral tracker report show no views when published hubs have been

1. Lizam1 profile image83
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

Why does my referral tracker report show no views when published hubs have been shared and clicked?

Please help.  I have noticed that my referral trackers have not tracked any views?  I share my hubs as soon as published to facebook and twitter and the widget is on my blog FindingFiji so how can this be?

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

Have a look at your traffic sources section. It could all be internal traffic from hubpages.

1. Lizam1 profile image83
      Lizam1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

No it says facebook and from my blog too.  Obviously I am doing something wrong when I share.

3. aa lite profile image93
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

I always thought that the referral tracker shows the number of people who join hub pages because of your recommendation.  For most sites you can get a special link, which you use when you write about what a great place HubPages is, and if somebody comes to the site from your link (it will have your ID embedded in it) and joins HP, you get a payment.  At least this is what I always assumed referral trackers were.

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are correct in what a referral tracker is all about. But you need to remember that the source of traffic may be organic ( ie through searches) or through hubpages itself. Not necessarily via a referral link.

2. Lizam1 profile image83
      Lizam1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

OK so just when they join?  Thanks.

working