jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How often do you Hub-hop?

1. m0rd0r profile image71
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

How often do you Hub-hop?

Do you flag offensive or spammy Hubs or you just vote-and-hop?

Do you think we help and alarm the HubPages staff with voting low only or we need to flag spam and low quality hubs?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image75
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Hello m0rd0r. I Hub Hop all the time. I do think we help the staff with overly promotional, or low quality hubs. I flag them if I think it is appropriate. Otherwise, I vote up or down, and I leave comments all the time.
    I definitely flag offensive hubs, including ones with nudity, or inappropriate images. Sorry, that content does not belong here.
    Have a great day!

m0rd0rposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have smile I've read diagonally more than 100 hubs today and found some good and some awful.

That's why I was curious if I am just filling my educational time or actually helping.

3. Marsei profile image89
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

I hub hop often.  Always do it when I have time to read hubs start to finish and give appropriate comments. Some are wonderful.  Some are peppered with grammatical and punctuation errors.  I vote either up or down and move on.

Me too.

I am prone to forgive grammar errors if the content of the hub is good.

I am totally ruthless to spam articles though.

2. Marsei profile image89
      Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure I know what a spam article is.  Please enlighten me.
      marsei

3. m0rd0r profile image71

It has no value at all, and is designed solely for promotion or building a link to external site.

Or barely explaining a concept of a say "Electric car" and then quickly sending you to a site selling them.

4. Marsei profile image89
      Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I have encountered those and had no idea what they were about.

4. alifeofdesign profile image92
    alifeofdesignposted 5 years ago

Only a few times, but hope to more often in the near future. Because I am a new Hubber, I'm discovering that I have little time to provide what I would consider adequate help. I think that offering others a critique is a commitment that demands one's complete attention. At the present, I'm too consumed with navigating my way around HubPages, learning the 'ropes', participating in answers and questions and leaving helpful comments on the Hubs that I do read. I think when I'm a bit more comfortable, I will happily participate in the hob much more frequently.

working