jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people visit a hub but not always leave a comment?

1. clairemy profile image74
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

Why do people visit a hub but not always leave a comment?

Its truly good to have people visit and read what you write, but there are rarely any comments  left and without those how can hubbers really know if they are writing and presenting the given subject well or badly?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6581699_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

Some people click on an article thinking they'll learn something, get half-way through it and decide it wasn't what they were searching for in the first place. Hence, they click the Back button on their internet program.

3. TheLifeExperiment profile image57
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

A lot of the time you just don't know what to write in a comment, or someone has already said almost the exact thing you were going to say. For me, I would love to write comments all the time, but I can't think of anything unless I really was interested in the hub and felt like I needed to comment.

4. beverleejb profile image60
    beverleejbposted 5 years ago

People who read your hub but don't comment is probably  because the hub wasn't what they wanted or just because they just wanted to read and did not want to comment,

5. Suelynn profile image78
    Suelynnposted 5 years ago

I have felt this same frustration, clairemy.  I have read the comments already made and keep wondering whether the reader just read the hub and didn't have anything to say or gave up reading part of the way through.  I am quite mystified as I am a responder and always make a comment unless the hub has not been written at all  well.  I don't like to leave negative comments, so opt not to say anything. Is that a bad thing?

1. clairemy profile image74
      clairemyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Saying nothing, rather than giving constructive criticism is not a bad thing, but I ,like you am a responder and feel that hopefully what I say will encourage.

working