jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How beneficial is it to make a 30/30 hubs challenge?

1. mbyL profile image82
    mbyLposted 5 years ago

How beneficial is it to make a 30/30 hubs challenge?

Maybe someone who did such a challenge could provide us with some personal insight?

2. D22314 profile image78
    D22314posted 5 years ago

Really beneficial - Most people don't write all that much, and publishing these hubs will boost traffic and revenue massively. Personally, I'm doing a 60/30 challenge for the month of May, though I missed the first two weeks due to personal issues. In June and July I should be able to get 120 hubs done without any issues.

3. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 5 years ago

I put of doing the challenge for many months. I didn't think there was any benefit to it. I did my first challenge last month and traffic and earnings increased. It increased so much that I decided to do it again this month. We will see how it goes!

4. Cliff Mendrez profile image88
    Cliff Mendrezposted 5 years ago

Extremely beneficial. I'm at my 4th month now and I have been writing hubs almost every day. I'm a little behind my goals but I'm planning to make up and reach 150 hubs by the end of May. My traffic and earnings increased every month and with the rate I am at right now, I am set to reach payout every month.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

I did it twice in my first 10 weeks on the site.  I was exhausted both times, but it helped me build an inventory of hubs, greatly increased followers and daily traffic, and because I did it with a group of other writers, I made wonderful friends. 

I also learned to generate ideas for topics, and I learned what gets traffic and what doesn't.  So it was a nice tool for getting familiar with what works well on the site.  If you experiment with the different capsules and how to do things, doing the challenge builds your publishing skills (related to the site's content management software).  You become faster at figuring out how to do things for layout. 

The downside is that you can start to grasp for just anything to keep up the goal, and end up publishing hubs that aren't up to the quality you'd prefer, or go outside the topics you want to stick to.  I've never had a hub pulled for anything, but I know some who have had problems during the challenges and end up spending considerable time fixing them, all because they were pushing for the goal of quantity rather than quality. 

The 30/30 is hard, even for an experienced and productive writer.  For someone not used to turning out story after story, I'd suggest starting with 10 hubs in 30 days, or 15 in 30.  That's still a fast pace, especially if you work, are in school, have kids, etc.  But at the end of the 30 days, you'll have products to be proud of, and a good feel for whether you'd like to go for 30/30.