jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is swearing allowed on HubPages?

1. AM Hanson profile image78
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

Is swearing allowed on HubPages?

I know that I was unable to post a comment that contained a four letter word, but I've never even had the urge to put one in an actual hub.  However, I recently was thinking about doing a hub on how vulgarity has started to been seen as being less vulgar and more acceptable, but I don't want to have to use "****" or "sh__" in my hub if I want to discuss or mention certain words.

2. Kennedi Brown profile image92
    Kennedi Brownposted 5 years ago

I have no idea, but I'm assuming not. I haven't seen it, and since they don't allow obscenities in the title I would assume it wouldn't be allowed in the article itself.

As someone who normally has a sailor's mouth in the privacy of my own home, I find this incredibly hard to pull off.

1. AM Hanson profile image78
      AM Hansonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completely understand.  I'm usually quite...ehrm....verbose myself, though it doesn't often extend to my writing.  There have been times when I wanted to use a four letter word in an answer on here, but it wouldn't let me.  It's quite annoying.

3. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I suppose it depends on what the f**k you want to say......

4. momaoak profile image78
    momaoakposted 5 years ago

I don't believe it is allowed, but I do think that a hub on vulgarity would be interesting to read.

working