jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Long or short hubs?

1. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

Long or short hubs?

Are short hubs mostly read by hubbers? what do you think?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

It takes me a long time to think about what I will write, so for me, short hubs. However  I enjoy reading others work, when I have the time.

3. gabgirl12 profile image78
    gabgirl12posted 5 years ago

Well longer hubs are more popular with the Admin here it seems. But I like the shorter 'sweet and to the point' hubs. I also like hubs that have links to them to either other hubs or other pages. I'm not too keen on reading something too long because I'm not on hubpages to do a 'study' of a person's hub. It's just to read something interesting, fun and/or informational.

The only time a long hub will catch my interest is if for one, it's something I'm seriously interested in read. Two, there are pictures and diagrams to keep me interested and three I'm writing a hub on the same subject and need a different perspective (or I want to make sure no one else has written something similar).

4. snowdrops profile image38
    snowdropsposted 5 years ago

Maybe a short one.. smile

5. tobusiness profile image87
    tobusinessposted 5 years ago

I think longer hubs, around 1000 - 1500 words are preferred for, the Google machine, therefore more views = more earning potential. Can anyone elaborate...

6. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

I think that it doesn't matter if a hub is short or long as far as it is good.

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I am more likely to read and digest the shorter hubs.  Sometimes the longer articles just take up too much time and the point has already been made so why continue on for pages?

Personally, I learn more from reading something that is concise and to the point--unlike this answer.

8. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

I find that about 500 words is a good lower limit for me, and generally I can cover most subjects in 500 words, more or less; however, if you can keep someone's interest then a longer article will keep someone on your site longer.  I would like to point out that, while you want Hubbers to read your articles, your potential audience is much larger than Hubpages.  Consider the effect of your articles length on the mobile phone user who probably will not read a really long article on the phone.

9. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I go back to my old newspaper days--whatever it takes. If you can get your message across in 100 words that is great. If it takes1,500 and you can keep it interesting, that will work to---this is assuming you are concerned about the quality of the product or whether Google will pick it up.