jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Is it wise to annoy people on hub pages?

1. Matthew Kirk profile image79
    Matthew Kirkposted 5 years ago

Is it wise to annoy people on hub pages?

Is it wise to annoy people on hub pages (some purposely some accidentally... there are a lot of touchy so and so's out there...)? Yesterday I would have said no, but after doing so my views and followers have gone up quite a bit! What is your advice or experience?

2. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

One of the reasons I'm on here is to try and build my reputation as a writer, so annoying people isn't in my best interest. If I ever encounter annoying people, then I simply ignore them. Both of my traffic and followers have steadily increased without annoying anyone purposefully. As for annoying people accidentally, I'm not really sure if I have. Apologies to anyone I have annoyed unintentionally.

1. Matthew Kirk profile image79
      Matthew Kirkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I doubt you have jkenny. I posted a couple of forums asking if we should really be throwing so much praise around for low quality hubs or even just average ones and it offended a few peoples - many did agree with me though too.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

JKenny, your hubs are so thorough and of high quality, well researched and factual information. The type of people who would be attracted to your hubs would probably not respond well to such a gimmick.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I wondered who you annoyed, I guess you must be talking about the "Are most food hubs on this site poor quality?" post on the forum. Undoubtedly annoying people will get you attention, not sure I want to follow that as a strategy for getting more readers.

I hope my "Rustic Apple Pie for the Complete Idiot" meets with your approval. It is 100% my own creation, made from apples. I'm sure it's pretty similar to other apple pie recipes, but I did it my way, and have the pictures to prove it. Plus I try to entertain.

Go ahead, read it, then rip me up if you want to. I can take it.

4. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

If I had a nickel for every person who I annoyed, here on Hub Pages, I swear, I would be sufficiently wealthy to retire to that little warm island in the Caribbean that I've always had my eye on......

5. cryptid profile image98
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

I don't think it's wise to intentionally annoy people anywhere.  It's just not cool.  Doing it to get followers and views seems especially cheesy (not saying you did that intentionally, but you did note the effect).  I think it's better to do your best to write compelling content and assume anyone who follows you does so because they like your work, not because they're waiting to see what you stir up next.

On the other hand, if you happen to accidentally annoy someone by just being yourself, there's not much you can do about that. :-)

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

It is not wise to annoy anyone. But it happens.

working