jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Does HubPages compensate Hubbers whose questions inspire hubs?

1. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Does HubPages compensate Hubbers whose questions inspire hubs?

I am working on a couple of hubs inspired by questions.  Will the questions' author(s) receive residual commissions for each of my ensuing hub views?

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 5 years ago

Hubpages does not compensate in a direct manner but hubbers asking questions get compensated in different way. Traffic attracted by the page where question is shown, may generated some revenue if an ad is clicked by visitor in similar way as in case of hubs.  Revenue is shared probably by a hubber and hubpages.

3. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Premsingh is accurate, and this may clarify a couple of other points.

1. HubPages actually does not compensate any Hubbers for anything at all. All income to Hubbers comes from Google Adsense, eBay, or Amazon (and maybe other 3rd party sources.)

2. If the reader clicks an ad on the page with your hub, then, no, the asker of the question will not get anything.

3. If the reader clicks on an ad on the page where the question is, then the author of the question can make some Google Adsense earnings. But that is the same whether the question inspired a hub, or not.

Hope this helps!

1. breathe2travel profile image79
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It does. Thank you. smile

4. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 5 years ago

I don't think they do. What I do know is that questions that inspire hubs are useful in the sense that they give Hubbers the opportunity to provide much needed information that are not readily available sometimes.  In the end, these hubs may ended up doing well in the search engines, allowing hubbers to generate a bit of earning.

5. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

tough but it may be worthwhile to try to convince management about this

working