Do you think guests should be required to create an acct. before being allowed t

1. lovesleftovers profile image70
    lovesleftoversposted 5 years ago

Do you think guests should be required to create an acct. before being allowed to post comments?

I have noticed that guests often (but certainly not always) leave odd, rude and sometimes abusive comments on articles. Perhaps if HubPages required guests to create an account it might make guests think twice before leaving an abusive comment. Obviously, they could create an acct. with fake identities, but the extra step might be enough to deter abusive behavior. Many other sites require a valid account before anyone can leave comments and this seems to work well.

2. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

I do see where your coming from, but I think if they were required to create an account to leave just one or two comments, then I don't think they would bother setting one up so it could stop that type of behaviour.

But on the other side of things if they aren't going to be part of Hp community it's really a waste of time for them to set up an account in the first place.

3. Goody5 profile image67
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

No I really don't lovesleftovers. By doing this the hub pages may scare off outsiders from reading our hubs. We can always just deny their rude comments. After getting some very childish rude comments from another hubber I wrote a hub on dealing with rude comments. it's great to be following one another, and this was a very good question!

working