Okay, I know that the content has to be good but how do you attract so many read

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. InCourage profile image61
    InCourageposted 11 years ago

Okay, I know that the content has to be good but how do you attract so many readers?

2. profile image0
    BethDWposted 11 years ago

Being as active on hubpages as you can is a good way to attract more readers. The more articles you read and comment on, the more people become aware of your presence on the site, and go to check out what you've written. I find that the days I have time to be more active on the site, I attract far more readers to my hubs (though it's hard for me to be as active as I would like, working full time and being a part time student...).

3. Keith Engel profile image69
    Keith Engelposted 11 years ago

I know some people I follow sees like they end up beginning to add more and more people. I don't if this is "pandering" or if it is them adding people they actually enjoy reading or both.

I take the approach that if you leave a comment and end up.following me, I will return the favor generally.Also if I find an enganging hub and writer I will also do the same following them because they provide good articles.

As far as.gaining more.followers? I have created my own facebook page so I can post my hubs.there. Currently Ihave three followers, all from my own friends list of 197, i only got three to follow. sad  Though I did warn them of my political views being libertarine when i made page and posted about it.

The best Iadvice I can say is learn about keywording. If your title doesn't seem to be attracting readers change it. I will begin changing titles after the first.week and keep on changing them if need be.

Also I am typing on my nookcolor so that is why there are some mistakes.

4. ladyjane1 profile image69
    ladyjane1posted 11 years ago

It does take some time to attract more readers but you have to be patient and make sure that you are following people that you really enjoy reading and taking the time to follow. If you randomly follow a bunch of people, yea you will have the numbers but do you have people on your list that are taking the time to actually read your work because that is what is going to determine how successful you are on Hubpages, good luck.

InCourageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Ms. Jane.  It's a dilemma, this thing called time. I really enjoy reading the material found here but the balance between wife, children, job, writing, and reading, plus Life. It makes it a challenge.  How much time do you spend "reading?

2. BlossomSB profile image80
      BlossomSBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree about the time. I was reading all the hubs of people I'm connected with, but there was not time left for anything else, so now I'm only doing it occasionally, or I'll never get anything else done. Not good, I know, but how else can we cope?

5. Greensleeves Hubs profile image91
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 11 years ago

I think the best way must be to visit other peoples' pages, and hope that they return the complement.

It would be nice to be able to attract visitors and followers purely through the quality of your work. One has to live in the real world however. There are countless thousands of webpages out there, and you have to make yourself known or there's no reason why anyone should pick out your pages in preference to someone elses'. Once they've found you, hopefully the quality of your work will bring them back again and again, but they have to find you in the first place.

On principle, I won't 'follow' others just for the sake of getting them to follow me, but I will try to find articles I like or can contribute to, and those I will certainly comment upon, and hope that maybe the hubber will reciprocate.

6. jdavis88 profile image90
    jdavis88posted 11 years ago

1. Content
    2. Activity (writing, commenting, answering, etc)
    3. Outside Links (Facebook, blogs, etc)
    4. Smart Keyword/keyphrase picking
    5. Interlinking your own hubs, blogs, etc
    6. Hoping
    7. Praying
    8. Wishing

InCourageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hoping wishing and praying I got covered... interlinking hubs and blogs is a little beyond my understanding... would love for you to elaborate on this... Thanks!

2. jdavis88 profile image90
      jdavis88posted 11 years agoin reply to this

When you do more than one hub on a topic, say a hub on fishing rods and a hub on fishing lures, make sure that when you "suggest links" that you choose phrases that are in your other hub so that your hub will pop up as a link choice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)