jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the reason some hide their accolades?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

What is the reason some hide their accolades?

I just don't understand why someone would hide them. My thought is be proud of them. What am I missing?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

People can still be proud of their accolades without revealing them to everyone else. 

Some users feel they are too much like a game, driving people to earn them just for the sake of having them.  Others don't feel their accolades are anyone's business.  Others feel it reveals too much about themselves to strangers.  And some site members have said they think the accolades aren't genuine measures of success.

3. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

It depends on ones perspective, as Relache has stated, people do choose to hide their accolades.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

As Relache said, it's because a lot of us write pointless questions and forum posts just for the sake of "shinies". Don't worry, I'm not trying to imply anything here.
    Furthermore, others feel like the Hubber in question is showing off and it fills up their feed with annoying announcements. They don't really do anything or prove much, seeing as most are just out of totals. I can understand if it was something like getting "Hub of the Day" or the "HubNugget" accolades, but other than that, there's not really much to boast about.

So TL;DR, some people just think it's boastful. But me? I like seeing what people have earned - you don't learn a lot about the Hubber, but it's something ^^

5. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

I feel that my acolades are for me. I feel that I am bragging about something that is not that much of an accomplishment. Also how many times I've been read really does not make me a better writer or more or less interesting that is pesonal perspective of the reader. So to look at someone's acolades and judge their writing is not always fair, just as we are told to never judge a book by it's cover. Some of us are just more quiet about our accomplishments than others.

6. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

When I first started I didn't know what they were, so I chose to hide them until I started noticing everyone else's showing on their page. It might be that some people might not be aware of them.

7. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

how do you even hide accolades? I didnt know that

working