jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

How Long Normally For Google To Index?

1. Natural Medicine profile image61
    Natural Medicineposted 8 years ago

I published on the 28th, and google hasn't found my hub yet. I've seen tweets of mine for the hub at #5 on the first page.

I've backlinked it on approx. 40 squidoo lenses on the 30th. Got pretty disgusted tonight with google, so I 'pinged' it.

I keep reading about how google is fast at indexing hubs, but are these hubs that they're indexing from 'established' authors?

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Most of my hubs are indexed with 12 hours. A few have taken a day or two. I do a lot of back linking.

3. Sexy jonty profile image55
    Sexy jontyposted 8 years ago

nearly 2-3 hours ..... and they are indexed ....

4. Natural Medicine profile image61

Thanks girls!
    Hummmm, wonder what the problem is with mine?

5. N. Ramius profile image66
    N. Ramiusposted 8 years ago

Mine take like 5-7 days to index. Though I only do 1 or 2 backlinks to various related blogs.

6. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've found it can vary from a few hours to 10 days.

7. Brian Leighton profile image69
    Brian Leightonposted 8 years ago

I find that my EzineArticles get listed in google within 3 to 5 days, yet I my hubs here (All 2 of them!) still have to be found on google sad

8. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 8 years ago

Keep in mind that both you guys have three hubs between you, thats why you arent indexed in google! Write more hubs and you'll see the new ones index in google much quicker.

My first hub took 3 days to index but the new ones now only take about an hour or so to be indexed. I'm quite surprised at how quick the do get indexed.

9. sabrebIade profile image55
    sabrebIadeposted 8 years ago

With over 100 Hubs, mine takes a hour to a week.
    Sometimes never.

10. Natural Medicine profile image61

Oh man!
    The replies/results are all over the board! I've had no trouble at all getting lenses indexed, that's why I thought it might be because I was a new author here..........so I linked my new hub on my lenses.

This really is interesting to me, since I'm kinda a geek at digging out stats.

I'm thinking the delay may be 'topic'.

What do you think?

1. retellect profile image80
      retellectposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What do you think after reading: http://hubpages.com/forum/post/495807
      big_smile

11. Natural Medicine profile image61

Hummm Retellect, I read the thread you posted, and I do hope others will keep it going so I can read more.

My situation (with no amazon or ebay links) IS what you're claiming will help get a hub indexed quicker........but my situation is not helping you prove the point....as I'm still not indexed by google.

12. Natural Medicine profile image61

Woo Hoo! I've got some changing to do now. I SWEAR I could not pull up my hub when doing site:...... in a google search until just a few minutes ago.

Google claims they cached it on Oct. 30th, 2 days after I published it.

NOW, to re-write the first paragraph & help it climb in the results!

working