jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Tax Question -- Anyone know?

  1. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 8 years ago

    I will not have a W2 for this year as I have not worked, but in order to file for FAFSA I have to have a return filed. Does anyone know how to file a tax return if you have no income? Is it as simple as putting in all zeros and hitting send?

    1. Jerami profile image71
      Jeramiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

        I would fill in the blanks as any other year. Register your tax deductions as normal. Having your paperwork ready for income tax averaging. If your income next year is enough this will help .  I'm no expert but I believe that this is correct. I have done this in the past.

  2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 8 years ago

    hi, good am, I hope this one can help you..

    http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/ … 23,00.html

  3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 8 years ago

    Thanks for the link. My specific question isn't if I have to file or not, I don't but in order to fill out the FAFSA to start applying for grants for college I have to file for this year because I will not be starting college until next year.

    So, how do I file with no income to report?