jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How long does it take before your hubs get substantial return on your time-and-e

1. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

How long does it take before your hubs get substantial return on your time-and-effort investment?

I've encountered people saying that it usually takes months before their hub gets high search engine traffic. How about in your case?
    (Photo Source: Danard Vincente, CC-BY, via flickr)

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I use hubs in conjunction with my niche websites and they have both helped each other out.  It took a few months, but my hubs and websites now both get increased traffic and my adsense earnings across the board are much higher now than they were before I started using Hubpages.  It does take time, this is more about residual income.  If you are wanting to earn a living off of writing, you will need to do more than just hubs of course.  I also design websites, write content for others, do graphics, photo editing, publish in magazines etc.  Successful earning online in my experience requires some diversity.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Because it was so long ago (over 5 years), when we had fewer tools and I knew much less about Internet traffic, it took me about 9 months or so to see acceleration in return. Nowadays, a few months might do it.

4. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Hello!  I just want to encourage you.  I have now been here at Hub Pages for two months....and I have always read other people's hubs and participated in the question-answer pages....I believe that as you keep writing more hubs and keep on being an active member of the H.P. community, you'll start having a lot more people reading your hubs.....After about six weeks, many more people were reading my work, and I am so very appreciative of it, especially because I have met and made friends with so many wonderful, thoughtful and kind people here!...